met a girl in a bar..........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I go to a work conference about 85 miles from home and after the conference I stop into a brewpub for dinner and a beer. The bartender is a very nice young woman and we get to talking. She is also a homebrewer! And she's been out of it for a while but ready to jump back in. She explained to me how easy kegging is (I'm asking for kegging equipment for Christmas) while I had a very nice pale ale.

I gave her the web address for HBT and hopefully we'll see her on here. I love it when you go in somewhere as a stranger and come out with a "couple two tree" friends. She introduced me to another homebrewer, a guy who kegs, and we got talking about beer, hunting and guns. We had alot in common!

It should would be nice to have some women around here for a change.................not that there's anything wrong with you guys!

Yooper Chick said:
It should would be nice to have some women around here for a change.................not that there's anything wrong with you guys!

You girls aren't going to put curtains up around the place are you? And those little doily things. What are those for? God help a guy if he puts a beer on them. Curtains and doilies. Always with the curtains and doilies.

;)

DaveyBoy said:
And my mind went straight to the gutter!

I'm always happy to talk home brewing, but when a story starts out like that, a brewing and kegging discussion is a REAL letdown.

DaveyBoy said:

Mine, too! I was gonna ask for pictures!:D

Yoops, there have been a few ladies on this forum, but it seems that you are the only one that we haven't scared away. That's a shame, as far as I'm concerned.

Yoops, there have been a few ladies on this forum, but it seems that you are the only one that we haven't scared away. That's a shame, as far as I'm concerned.[/quote]

It truly is a shame that we couldn't scare you away, too!

Kiddin' with ya! You are a valuable asset around here. Just no doilies' OK? No fuzzy cover on the toilet lid either, we hate those!

DaveyBoy said:

Wow! are we all typical men or what?
1271.gif

Orpheus said:
Yoops, you left out the part about the cat fight.. that lead to kissing...

LOL here ya go, Yoops and her friend:

BTW anyone want to tell me how to put this directly into the post, instead of just a link?????

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool to meet people interested in the same hobby, and homebrewing can lead to some decent conversations with complete strangers.

I have quite a few homebrew bumper stickers on my truck as well as the HBT decal on the back window. Because of that, a guy who just started working in the same office as me, identified me as a homebrewer, and come to find out he does it as well, so now i can talk beer at work.

I had another guy come up yesterday at my son's football practice, another homebrewer, and the salesman at the matress store had a roomate that did it as well.

Yooper Chick said:
So, I go to a work conference about 85 miles from home and after the conference I stop into a brewpub for dinner and a beer. The bartender is a very nice young woman and we get to talking.

I've seen movies that start like this.......unfortunately this story had a different ending.

Bernie Brewer said:
BTW anyone want to tell me how to put this directly into the post, instead of just a link?????

Bernie, like this: Go into Advanced mode, and click the YOUTUBE button and paste the link in there. kinda like below, but substitute ( ) for []

(YOUTUBE) (/YOUTUBE)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82BNBwck8Zs[/YOUTUBE]

And there ya go! Personally, I think Yooper is the one that starts out in the white :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back