wyeast 3711 temp schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thoughts on adding peppercorn to secondary? Or other spice? I enjoy stillwater's saison with rosemary.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/honey-rosemary-saison-323903/

I brewed this w/o the rosemary once--started my love affair with Saison style beers. Might be a good starting point.

I used 2 grams of chopped rosemary leaf as a "dry hop" in a 5gal keg of a Belgian Single with wlp530. One of my best beers. The Rosemary was present and a firm flavor/aroma sub-component, but not overwhelming at all.

Good old revival.

I am splitting a batch of Dubbel with this yeast and DuPont. Started both at 75 yesterday and I got them up to 78 this morning before work.

I am definitely going to raise the DuPont yeast every day, but I am debating what to do with this yeast. Would a high temp fermentation (mid 80's) hurt this yeast? Has anyone gotten that high?

Good old revival.

I am splitting a batch of Dubbel with this yeast and DuPont. Started both at 75 yesterday and I got them up to 78 this morning before work.

I am definitely going to raise the DuPont yeast every day, but I am debating what to do with this yeast. Would a high temp fermentation (mid 80's) hurt this yeast? Has anyone gotten that high?

i don't have any experience with the Dupont, but i just did a saison with 3711 and i let it free rise in my Florida garage (bucket sitting in a cooler with water to regulate wild swings) I know there is one day that the cooler water got to 85 while it was bubbling away. Long story short, the 3711 took me down to 1.002 and was the best tasting saison i've brewed. sad to report the keg is near the end after only 3 weeks on tap. I did a ton of reading on 3711 before using and have to agree with the majority opinions that it is a beast of a yeast.

Good luck with your Dubbel !!

Back