Wyeast 3056 good to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barleywade

Reaction score
I was planiing on brewing about 5 days ago so I decided to activate the yeast. I smacked the pack but the yeast ended up not being activated (at that time) so I put it back in the fridge and decided to brew on Wednesday. This morning I looked in the fridge and the yeast package was activated. Is it still safe to use this yeast as it must have been activated and sitting in the fridge for 5 days or should I just buy another one? Thanks

I was planiing on brewing about 5 days ago so I decided to activate the yeast. I smacked the pack but the yeast ended up not being activated (at that time) so I put it back in the fridge and decided to brew on Wednesday. This morning I looked in the fridge and the yeast package was activated. Is it still safe to use this yeast as it must have been activated and sitting in the fridge for 5 days or should I just buy another one? Thanks

You are good to go, just pull it out of the fridge several hours before pitching.

And don't forget to sanitize the area of the pack where you cut/open it. I spritz a little star san around there whenever using a Wyeast pack.

Back