• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Engraved Growler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natron008

Reaction score
Anyone know anywhere that I could get a growler engraved with a custom logo? I've seen some engravers, but they only do basic templates. Any help would be appreciated.

There is a chemical that you can paint onto the glass that will etch it.... cant remember what it is, but i know i guy etched gallon markers onto the side of his carboy

There is a chemical that you can paint onto the glass that will etch it.... cant remember what it is, but i know i guy etched gallon markers onto the side of his carboy

Thanks, maybe that will be the way to go, as I don't have a sandblaster. I've seen some spray-paint versions too, but I'm looking for something a bit more permanent.

I've seen people use a few layers of contact paper to mask the design before sandblasting. It was something that I wanted to try, but never got around to it. I have a compressor and a couple of sandblasters. Can get some light grit at work.

The chemical etch might be the best to try if you don't have a sandblaster.

susquehanna glass factory in columbia does glass engraving. i don't know what they charge or if they will engrave something you didn't buy there but you could call.

susquehanna glass factory in columbia does glass engraving. i don't know what they charge or if they will engrave something you didn't buy there but you could call.

I didn't even think of them. Good idea! Thanks

I've done a couple mugs and stuff for friends who have permanent mugs at my bar. It's really easy to do.

- Get some whole-sheet clear label paper at any Staples or Office Max or something like that.
- get some etching paste at any crafts store
- Print out the design on that label paper
- stick it to the growler
- cut out the areas you want etched with an exacto knife
- smear on the etching paste
- wait five minutes
- rinse off etching paste and remove the remaining stencil

done.

It's not "painted" on or anything. The paste actually "eats" the glass and etches the design permanantly into the glass.

The labels and paste might set you back a few bucks but they will be a lot less than having a pro do it and with all of those labels and paste, you could do a ton of it.

Thanks for all the advise. It turns out that Susquehanna Glass Company (local for me) will do a single growler for $11. So I'm going with them. Thanks all.

Back