Does anyone in the Jersey shore NJ area have a copper swaging tool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flananuts

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on a herms project and I need to stretch my 1/2 copper soft tubing heat exchanger in order to sweat to std copper pipe. If anyone knows of another option or they actually make fittings i can use directly, I would really appreciate it. It's the last issue I need to deal with so I can start leak testing.

Thanks

Flananuts

you need to go to a refrigeration supplier..not plumbing supplies, the differences you are experiencing are because there are those differences between the two...

Thanks for the response. I know there's differences between std copper and refrigeration copper, just wondered if anyone actually knew if there are in fact fittings that will connect one to the other.

Yes, it's really really easy. Your 1/2" refrigeration tubing fits into fittings marked as 3/8". What you need is a 1/2" to 3/8" reducing coupling and Lowes stocks them.

Latest posts

Back