Thanks to DUNKEL....(how I found HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawDeuce22

Reaction score
First, I just want to give a standing O to the experienced homebrewers on this site.
:ban:
(clap clap clap clap clap)

I first started brewing, around mid January 09, with the Brewers Best kits. Well, I'm still on the kits but that is not the meaning behind this thread. A few weeks ago I brewed the Dunkelweizen on a Friday. On Sunday, I heard a noise coming out of the primary, to my suprise I see a massive amount of foam coming out of the airlock. Not knowing how to handle this I turned to the "all-knowing" internet, GOOGLE was my first choice. Typed in "foam coming out of airlock"...BOOM, dunkelweizen in the first link. This link directed me to THE one, THE only homebrewtalk.com in which one of the threads was about blow-off valves and how to create such a contraption. It told me to use PVC which I didnt have any laying around, continuing down the thread I found that I can use tubing and a pot of H2O, done deal. So not only did I learn a valuable piece of information with the airlock/blow-off but I also know not to call it foam but to call it krausen. Not to mention an amazing site for information.

So to this I thank all of you who are knowledgeable and are ready and willing to help all of us new guys out in fixing all of our F-ups and learning enough from your F-ups to make everything go smooth in the future.

HATS OFF AND THANKS!!

Welcome! I'm new too and this forum has helped out TREMENDOUSLY! The people on here are very helpful and really know what they're doing.

Let me add my hats off to all the experienced as well!

Back