Raleigh Grain Buy - Phase II

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reelale

Reaction score
Here is the new thread so we won't have to go through several pages of posts. I'll keep the updated copies of the spreadsheet on this post, so I can just edit here. I can't close the other thread cuz' I didn't create it. I will post a link to this new thread back there just in case.

Spreadsheet updated: 8 April 10:55

View attachment Final_order.zip

I could pick up a bag of rice hulls if that counts, kinda doubt it does though. But for $19 for a whole bag vs $2/lb locally its not like the hulls will ever go bad...

Mike, where are you driving from? And what route do you take? I'm a bit closer to Charlotte than Raleigh is. I could hold on to your order and meet you somewhere closer if that's convenient.

Hey, is it too late to get in on this? I'm very interested. Where is the grain coming from, North Country? I need to compile a list.

EDIT: Just found the 'old' thread. I'm definitely in if still available. Also, anyone interested in splitting a sack of Maris Otter?

ReelAle,

Did you get my PM about the three bags yesterday?
CM-2row x 2
CM-SPILS x 1

Got it.

Hey, is it too late to get in on this? I'm very interested. Where is the grain coming from, North Country? I need to compile a list.

EDIT: Just found the 'old' thread. I'm definitely in if still available. Also, anyone interested in splitting a sack of Maris Otter?

Looks like we're full, unless someone doesn't pay. I have tentative committments for 42 bags, a full pallet, and eleven of seventeen have already paid. I would check back often though, as this thing is really...well we'll just say dynamic.:D

Twelve of seventeen have paid. If that's not the case, then I guess I'll have to bow out since I just sent a stranger the money :)

Mike, where are you driving from? And what route do you take? I'm a bit closer to Charlotte than Raleigh is. I could hold on to your order and meet you somewhere closer if that's convenient.

85? 49? I dont know I dont think I've been to Raleigh since a Pink Floyd concert in 1992?? I'll figure something out when it gets in.

My order:
(1)CM-2ROW @.42=23.1
(1)BD-PALE @.54=29.7
(1)CM-MUNH @.47=25.85

(3)Shipping @4.86=14.4
Total $93.05 Is this correct?

I'm getting $4.24/bag in shipping. $155/pallet (from NC brochure) + 15%fuel $23.25 = $178..25 / 42 = $4.24/bag. Am I missing something? Am I just :drunk:?

85? 49? I dont know I dont think I've been to Raleigh since a Pink Floyd concert in 1992?? I'll figure something out when it gets in.

I live near Southern Pines/Pinehurst area, a little bit closer than Raleigh, but it looks like it's out of your way.

My order:
(1)CM-2ROW @.42=23.1
(1)BD-PALE @.54=29.7
(1)CM-MUNH @.47=25.85

(3)Shipping @4.86=14.4
Total $93.05 Is this correct?

Yep. Got your PayPal. Good to go.
Edit: Your shipping will probably be $12.72, if we get the full pallet.

Twelve of seventeen have paid. If that's not the case, then I guess I'll have to bow out since I just sent a stranger the money :)

Got it. 13/17 so far. I'll update the spreadsheet later this evening. If the other 4 pay, we're full on this order. Unless we want to shoot for 2 pallets......;)

I'm getting $4.24/bag in shipping. $155/pallet (from NC brochure) + 15%fuel $23.25 = $178..25 / 42 = $4.24/bag. Am I missing something? Am I just :drunk:?

Oops:eek:. You are right, since we're back up to 42 bags, the shipping rate per bag is 4.24. As long as I have enough funds to cover the order, we're good. We can settle at delivery if need be. Or I could just count it as a handling charge....;)

Hey, that's cool if you're full. I will certainly be watching for the next one. I would be in for three bags and have two friends that I would expect to get 2-4 more. I'll be watching in case anything opens up.

It does say something about a potential discount for multiple pallets, in case you want to let it ride for a day or two?

Oops:eek:. You are right, since we're back up to 42 bags, the shipping rate per bag is 4.24. As long as I have enough funds to cover the order, we're good. We can settle at delivery if need be. Or I could just count it as a handling charge....;)

PayPal Sent. Let me know when you get it.

It does say something about a potential discount for multiple pallets, in case you want to let it ride for a day or two?

Bwahahaha.:D Trying to get enough to fill one pallet was not easy, I can't take anymore of this....

Spreadsheet updated. Please take a look at your order to make sure it is right. Once I call it in, whatever is on the spreadsheet is what you are getting. I haven't heard from erock2112 for awhile, so if he backs out, I'm in for another bag, or would like to split a bag of crystal three ways. As soon as everyone pays, I'm ordering. The green indicates who has paid. Sound good?

Spreadsheet updated. Please take a look at your order to make sure it is right. Once I call it in, whatever is on the spreadsheet is what you are getting. I haven't heard from erock2112 for awhile, so if he backs out, I'm in for another bag, or would like to split a bag of crystal three ways. As soon as everyone pays, I'm ordering. The green indicates who has paid. Sound good?

I could definitely split a crystal 40 or 60 three ways. what # crystal were you thinking? Anyone want to take on the other third?

I was thinking 60L, but I could really use some 15L too. I'm flexible.

Just sent my payment (I may have been the last holdout). Hopefully we can get the order placed now and give Reelale a break!

Just sent my payment (I may have been the last holdout). Hopefully we can get the order placed now and give Reelale a break!

Got it. Thanks!

All the funds have been transferred, and I plan on placing this order tomorrow, 9 April. So this is the last chance to review the spreadsheet in the first post to make sure you're order is correct. Unless someone has a better location, I would like to have the order delivered to Apex, location TBD. My plan is to meet the truck at some convenient location, off-load, and divide into separate orders. That will be easier (for me!) than off-loading, loading onto a trailer, and then driving to the delivery point. However, both options are open now, and I'll know more once I place the order. Thanks for the patience on this moving target. It was fun, but not that much fun....;) I'll update this thread once I place the order. Sound good?:mug:

Barc, and Mike: We'll work something out for your orders separately.

Sounds good. I can meet you in Apex if need be. I'm pretty much open and want to make it as easy on you as I can.

Nothing in their catalog about that as an absolute requirement, but if that is the case, I've got that covered with the second option. I'll find out for sure once I call them to place the order.

Sounds good. I can meet you in Apex if need be. I'm pretty much open and want to make it as easy on you as I can.

Either way, or I could just hold on to your order. You pass right by my house, I live in Woodlake, right off of Hwy 690.

Either way, or I could just hold on to your order. You pass right by my house, I live in Woodlake, right off of Hwy 690.

Just let me know what the easiest thing for you is. I really appreciate you getting this thing going and don't want to be a pain. We can PM and get it straight! :)

Ok. After 3 phone calls and one corrected invoice, the malt is ordered. They required delivery to a commercial address, otherwise it was an additional $95.00. I am having the pallet delivered to my work site on Friday, 16 April. I will then load it on my trailer and deliver it, weather permitting, on Saturday, 17 April.

I plan to be in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart in Apex at 9:00 a.m. The address is 3151 Apex Peakway. Here is a map. I will be driving a blue Tundra with a trailer full of malt attached.

If you would, please PM me to let me know that you can pick-up your grain at that time, and so I can be sure everyone knows the date/place. If not, the delivery fee after 17 April goes way, way up.;)

Barc: I can get your grain to you nearly anytime, just let me know what you want to do.

Mike: Let me know what you want to do.

Erock: They are milling your malt.

Dressel: You owe me $2.38:D

outstanding. You rock Reelale.

Let me know if I can hep with the delivery in some way. I live in Cary, but am closer to downtown Apex than downtown Cary.... a few miles south of the point where hwy 64 and hwy 1 meet.

My garage is largely cleaned out, so I could hold onto things in the south cary area for anyone that wants me to.... plus, I made daily drives to Durham (RTP), so I can shuttle bags up that way if necessary.

Back