picking up fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subwyking

Reaction score
hey guys. going to get our fridge in just a bit. now we have everything to keg. we also have beer we would like to keg tonight. can someone give me the rundown of the process so i know exactly what we need to do?

subwyking said:
hey guys. going to get our fridge in just a bit. now we have everything to keg. we also have beer we would like to keg tonight. can someone give me the rundown of the process so i know exactly what we need to do?

I know that, with older fridges, you should let them sit for about a day before you start the compressor again.

Kai

the letting them sit, is only if they were on thier side or back for an extended period of time. that isnt just with old fridges, new ones too. oil from the compressor will run into the coils. when you plug it in, the coolant will freeze the oil, then burn up the compressor. thanks for the link.

well here she is. she needs some cleaning up, and some paint, but she's a beaut. she's a 1941 GE fridge.

dsc045232ef.jpg

heres an inside shot.

dsc045243wq.jpg

this old hog on its lowest setting keeps a nice and cool 32-33 degrees.

Wow does that thing bring back memories! Not the least of which is Dan Aykroyd showing his a** on the SNL "refridgerator repairman" skit! Too bad yours is a GE and not a Norge!

i cant wait to get some nice faucets for the front of her. and shell look great with a nice coat of paint.

Thats a beautiful fridge, would love to get one like that. Instead I found a 70s era harvest gold one :D

we only paid 60 bucks. the guy we bought it from had a 50's fridge. i dont remember the make of it though. it was in about the same condition.

lol. we thought the same thing. if a tornado heads our way, im climbing in with the beer.

Back