What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401569505.411125.jpg
HB pale ale.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Tips on harvesting this yeast?

I plan to use dregs from 2 bottles (enough?) and initially add 100ml of wort at 1.030.

Am I going about this wrong? I am planning to start with a Ball mason jar for the first step.

I'd do 200ml of 1.010 wort for the first step, then 1700ml of 1.037 for the second. I was successful at harvesting Conan from heady that way. Good luck!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401571174.608243.jpg

Couldnt leave this guy all alone in the fridge after murdering his five buddies last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Bre

You think two bottles is enough to start with, though?

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Yeah that should be fine. Just give the first step some time, 3-7 days. The Conan I got was from only one can. Idk a lot about Bells, but if there's yeast you will get it.

So ****ed up in listening to Hall and Oates I. The garage while these wings smoke

Yeah that should be fine. Just give the first step some time, 3-7 days. The Conan I got was from only one can. Idk a lot about Bells, but if there's yeast you will get it.

Thanks for the input. I already had my "wort" cooked by the time you posted, so I stuck with 1.030 at 100ml. Worst case scenario, I stop at LHBS the week before I brew and buy some yeast. The yeast was clearly visible in the dregs. No doubt the bugs are in there.

Haha... I've been exposed as a Morrisey and H&O fan within 24 hours. I really do listen to some not so sissy stuff, too...I swear. What I listen to that everyone else hates is old school blues...Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, BB King, Bo Diddley...

Haha... I've been exposed as a Morrisey and H&O fan within 24 hours. I really do listen to some not so sissy stuff, too...I swear. What I listen to that everyone else hates is old school blues...Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, BB King, Bo Diddley...

I'm not a big fan of Morrisey without The Smith's around him.

Recycled pic...still for science. Slammed the first one to get the dregs from the second. Not a great beer, by Bell's standards, but not a bad basic Porter.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401572230.355022.jpg

Tips on harvesting this yeast?

I plan to use dregs from 2 bottles (enough?) and initially add 100ml of wort at 1.030.

Am I going about this wrong? I am planning to start with a Ball mason jar for the first step.

Start at 1.020, and you can start it right in one of the bottles. Less sanitizing.

Good god you guys listen to some truly sh**ty music lol. I'm more in the wheelhouse with Billy and Qhrumphf

I listen to nearly everything. Cannot tolerate newer rap or newer country...but other than that...

I'm just a child of the eighties so that stuff just reminds me of the days when you actually watched Mtv like you were listening to the radio.

I listen to nearly everything. Cannot tolerate newer rap or newer country...but other than that...

I'm just a child of the eighties so that stuff just reminds me of the days when you actually watched Mtv like you were listening to the radio.

Oh you mean when they actually had music? Lol Your right, I can't believe how terrible that station has gotten.

Back