July sale $43 15" Jaybird false bottoms from Nor Cal Brewing Solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to get one of those codes as well. Perfect timing. My birthday is this weekend and My Mom In Law is looking for something to buy me :ban:

Got mine yesterday, thanks Jay! It's amazing to get a hand crafted piece of equipment in less than a week. Thanks for making brew day one step easier!

If you have any codes left I'd love one. I've been waiting to post until our refinancing is complete. Can't wait any longer, awesome deal. Thanks

Got mine today! Looks good
I'm not ready to use it, but at that price I just had to pick one up
Now I need to work on my MT setup

Thanks Jay

Just building my first keg mash ton...Id love to have one of your false bottoms, but it would sure help to save the extra cash! Am I to late to the 43$ promo party?

Just building my first keg mash ton...Id love to have one of your false bottoms, but it would sure help to save the extra cash! Am I to late to the 43$ promo party?

We have given out about 60 codes but only about 40 sold with the code as of yet... So there are still some to sell...

PM sent.

Cheers
Jay

Can I buy the false bottom for the sale price, then later (when I have more funds) buy the stand. Or is it better to buy it all now?

Can I buy the false bottom for the sale price, then later (when I have more funds) buy the stand. Or is it better to buy it all now?

Of course you can.... You will end up paying shipping twice but its your build.

We sell the level stands by themselves all the time. A lot of people who have bought a "brand X" false bottoms and have them collapse under the grain load will buy a level 1 stand to add support.

Cheers
Jay

Just placed my order. Can't wait to get. I've had my eye on one for about a year and this was just the push I needed. :rockin:

Can't wait - thanks Jaybird

Is there a post count requirement? Lurked for quite awhile and finally signed up for this. I was given a keg that I'm converting to be a brew kettle and from the research I've been doing it seems like my best option to filter out pellet hops would be the 15" false bottom and the level 3 filter/stand right?

Is there a post count requirement? Lurked for quite awhile and finally signed up for this. I was given a keg that I'm converting to be a brew kettle and from the research I've been doing it seems like my best option to filter out pellet hops would be the 15" false bottom and the level 3 filter/stand right?

Post count requirement? Nope just be an HBT member and post in this thread.

Yes you have done your homework for sure. THe 15" reversed hinge and a level 3 will totally do what your asking. PM is headed your way.

Cheers
Jya

Well Steve the time has come for stuck mashes to go drink Budweiser!

I am so glad I can help make the push back into brewing! I strongly recommend the level 1 stand for a MLT. You will not regret it!

Cheers
Jay

Order placed. I included a note about having a 1/2" copper dip tube and needing the hole made to that spec. I guess with the level 1 stand there is no need for the heavy duty stand?

Now get back in the shop and fab it up! ;)

Thanks,

Steve

Order placed. I included a note about having a 1/2" copper dip tube and needing the hole made to that spec. I guess with the level 1 stand there is no need for the heavy duty stand?

Now get back in the shop and fab it up! ;)

Thanks,

Steve
Nope Steve no need for the heavy duty stand. That was designed for guys that bought 'Brand X' 15" false bottoms or bought ours before we offered a reversed hinge and a "level" stand option. Then there is the guys that started doing RIMS and HERMS and need extra support from the constant recirculation. The heavy duty stand will sit down in the bottom of the keg and sit between the hinges, but if your buying a reversed hinge and a "level" stand there is no need for the "heavy duty stand".. Thanks for asking!

Cheers
Jay

What the heck, i already have one but im a sucker for a deal. The hindge is still extra correct? Shoot me a code my good man. Did you get my email/ pic of the set up im using with your false bottom? Wicked if i do say so my self...

Thanks for the great offer..

PM sent Brotha' Yes the hinge is an extra cost for sure.... Not sure if I saw the picts or not... Where did you send em? Or did you post em up on the forums?

Cheers

Jay

Used it for the first time on Friday...gotta say, best ive ever used. and Ive tried a cooler with a manifold, a false bottom and a toilet supply line..Moved on to 10 gallon system with keggles and couldnt be happier...Thats a bad a$$ false bottom ya guys are fabbing..

As per your request :)
92yv.jpg

0auc.jpg

Used it for the first time on Friday...gotta say, best ive ever used. and Ive tried a cooler with a manifold, a false bottom and a toilet supply line..Moved on to 10 gallon system with keggles and couldnt be happier...Thats a bad a$$ false bottom ya guys are fabbing..

As per your request :)
92yv.jpg

0auc.jpg

Yes I did see that picture come in... THAT'S SEXY!!!

Cheers
Jay

thanks for the code just about ready to purchse but quick question. do i even need a stand? i very rarely have more than 15 lbs of grain in my MLT and wont be using this in a boil kettle for filtering

thanks for the code just about ready to purchse but quick question. do i even need a stand? i very rarely have more than 15 lbs of grain in my MLT and wont be using this in a boil kettle for filtering
No not at all. If your keeping to such light weight and if your not doing RIMS or HERMS then no, you dont need a stand at all. The level 1 will add the extra filtration but we used to use them all the time without a stand. If you feel like you want/need a stand later we offer the "heavy duty" stand or I can always "notch" a level 1 for you if you want to go that way.

Cheers
Jay

I'd like the promo code please :)

Sorry if you've already answered, but what false bottom would you recommend for a bottom drain keggle mash tun? I'd like to max out surface area, so 15", handle, and hinge is needed, but what about the stands? Do they work with bottom drain keggles?

Also, have you considered an option for a small, unobtrusive handle like BobbyM's?

I'd like the promo code please :)

Sorry if you've already answered, but what false bottom would you recommend for a bottom drain keggle mash tun? I'd like to max out surface area, so 15", handle, and hinge is needed, but what about the stands? Do they work with bottom drain keggles?
A 15" reversed hinge with level 1 will work like a champ for a bottom drain Keggle MLT

Also, have you considered an option for a small, unobtrusive handle like BobbyM's?
Not really, but I will be happy to sheer and bend a piece of stainless perf (false bottom)material and weld that on your False Bottom if you like. Simply add a handle to the order and leave me a good note in the comments at check out and I will custom build it for you.

Cheers
Jay

Back