Stupid question. Stupid answers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
I bottled a monster stout back in August. I flavored it with coffee and too much vanilla. Once you got around the vanilla flavor, it wasn't that bad. The alcohol level was high. I screwed up the sample for the OG reading and had to use the head- check method. Forty ounces, and I couldn't feel my legs. I saved one bottle of it and drank it over the Thanksgiving holiday. The flavor had changed. It went from vanilla so strong you'd taste it in the morning to a rich chocolate flavor. There was no chocolate in the recipe ! Where did this come from ? Did one of you guys steal my stout and leave something else ? It smells of the work of El. Pistollero. Thought I heard a diesel- powered SUV in the driveway a while back...

Went to school in Beaufort County. Reading skill suck, but you ought to see this boy cipher ! Coffee + vanilla = chocolate ? Is this one of those things where I have to solve for X ? I've been drinking !

sudsmonkey said:
Went to school in Beaufort County. Reading skill suck, but you ought to see this boy cipher ! Coffee + vanilla = chocolate ? Is this one of those things where I have to solve for X ? I've been drinking !
No, it's one of them ciphering things where you don't aks "Y"! You just enjoy! :drunk:

Other questions to ponder in various states of inebriation... :drunk: .

1. What's the square root of an orange?
2. Is 2 faster than red? If yes, explain why.
3. Why is it when you break something in half you get 2 halves, but when you break a crumb in half you get 2 crumbs?
4. If pie are square are cakes round?

PS. BTW, "aks" was misspelled on purpose.

Bee Gee- That's NC , where we pronounce it bow furt, instead of bew furt.
You're in Fuquay, right ? I'm near New Bern.
Bill- You truly are the Oracle here. So, we'z solvin for Y ? That stuff was VERY chocolatey ! Quik was like salt compared to this !

New Bern's cool. I used to spend a lot of time at Harker's Island back in the late 80's/early 90's before I spent a couple years in purgatory (Dallas). Had a schoolfriend whose parents lived there and I used to do a lot of fishing with her brother. Talk about pronouncing stuff...

Cool deal on your beer...too bad you didn't save more of it!

I don't get the part about pronouncing stuff. Doesn't everybody say "hoi toid"and talk about 'Mullet blows" ? Surely, you have mullet blows in Fuquay- Varina. The Twin Cities is where it's at. Too close to Raliegh, though.

No offense, man. I live in Pamlico county where we have only one stoplight. No **** ! Not even a caution light . Forgive me if Raliegh seems a bit big to me. Here, I pull up to a stopsign and see a grain truck coming a half mile off. I know he's doing 45, but still have to consider whether I can make it or not. Damn, I live in the woods ! I thought Hyde county was the only place like this.

sudsmonkey said:
No offense, man. I live in Pamlico county where we have only one stoplight. No **** ! Not even a caution light . Forgive me if Raliegh seems a bit big to me. Here, I pull up to a stopsign and see a grain truck coming a half mile off. I know he's doing 45, but still have to consider whether I can make it or not. Damn, I live in the woods ! I thought Hyde county was the only place like this.

And yet, you have internet! ;)

sudsmonkey said:

No offense taken. :)

Your neck of the woods sounds like my hometown in Ohio (did you know there was an Ohio City, OH?) It also has one stoplight... and it's not even a tri-colored one. One direction blinks yellow, one direction blinks red. The population has never been over 1000 that I know of, so (technically) it's a village, and not an official 'town' or 'city'.

They have internet access (dial-up only), but no cellphone access. Heck, it took them until 1998 to get touch-tone dialing.

I LOVE going back there for vacations, because I feel like I am in a different country and a different time. A great break after living in large cities for the last 12 years (Cincinnati, San Jose, Stuttgart, Raleigh.. not necessarily in that order).

-walker

You guys have a traffic light? Man...how's it work?

My town has 1 cop car and a part-time mayor, 1 gas station, 1 grocery store, and 2 bar/restaurants, a couple of sidewalks (not all over town mind you)...and lots of corn fields...... :D

homebrewer_99 said:
You guys have a traffic light? Man...how's it work?

My town has 1 cop car and a part-time mayor, 1 gas station, 1 grocery store, and 2 bar/restaurants, a couple of sidewalks (not all over town mind you)...and lots of corn fields...... :D

I think we still have you beat back in my home town.

NO cop. (a Sherrif visits a couple times a week.)
1 gas station.
NO grocery.
1 bar (they offer bud, bud light, busch light, and jim beam)
NO restaurant.

Actually... the gas station sells a few groceries and makes crappy pizza and subs, so I *guess* you could say we have a grocery store and a restaurant and a gas station... but they are all the same establishment.

You can literally stand at ANY intersection in town and see the edge of town in every direction you look (N,S,E,W).

I think I am related to about 30% of the people there, too.

-walker

Walker said:
I think we still have you beat back in my home town. NO cop. (a Sherrif visits a couple times a week.) 1 gas station. NO grocery 1 bar (they offer bud, bud light, busch light, and jim beam) NO restaurant.

Actually... the gas station sells a few groceries and makes crappy pizza and subs, so I *guess* you could say we have a grocery store and a restaurant and a gas station... but they are all the same establishment.

You can literally stand at ANY intersection in town and see the edge of town in every direction you look (N,S,E,W).

I think I am related to about 30% of the people there, too. -walker

I guess you don't really live in Raleigh then?

homebrewer_99 said:
I guess you don't really live in Raleigh then?

I was talking about my home town... where I was born and raised until I was 18, where EVRYONE in my immediate family still lives (parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, neices/nephews, grandparents). They all live within 20 miles of each other. I'm the only one that has ever picked up and moved away for the last couple generations.

I headed out to the biiiiiig city for college when I as 18, and have been in big cities since.

-walker

my brother-in-law shares this opinion of his boots, too. Uncomfortable at first, but heavenly once they are broken in. He wears his cowboy boots EVERYWHERE... it's pretty funny to see him on summer vacations at the lake or on the beach; tank-top, sunglasses, swimtrunks, and big-ass cowboy boots.

-walker

Back