Where can I buy Black Rock kits in the US?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the alley behind the liquor store. Knock three times on the metal door. Then put the cash under the milk crate and walk to the corner. A runner will deliver the black rock in 5 minutes. Once you have it, walk away.

Well... Hrm... Looking further into this, I'm a little confused by all the branding and relabeling; I know they have the 3 Gallon conical fermenters. Then I read this on their website:

Why use a conical fermenter?
As beer finishes its fermentation process, inactive yeast and other fermentation by products fallout of suspension and create a layer of sediment (called trub) at the bottom of fermenters. This trub has the tendency to cause off flavors and add a cloudy haze in your finished beer. A conical fermenter allows the trub to be “funneled” down to the tapered bottom of the fermenter. This creates a smaller contact area between the beer and the trub, resulting in less interaction between the two. Then the tap, which has been strategically placed above the trub, allows for the fermented beer to be gravity fed out of the fermenter without disturbing the trub.

Things that make you go hmmm... Will less surface area in a 3 Gallon conical really make that much difference....

Maybe I'll stick with Coopers Kits for now.

Back