troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fata2683

Reaction score
hey guys, just filled my second keg about a week ago and I'm having problems I didn't have the first time. I carbonated in the same manner as last time, but this time I'm not dispensing anything but a little foam. After racking to the keg, I purged 5-6 times and set the keg in my spare bedroom at 25 psi for roughly a day and a half. I then lowered the psi to 12 and put the keg into my keezer. This was on Friday. I tried dispensing some to sample this morning and like I said earlier, I got nothing but a little foam in the "out" line(it didn't even make it all the way to the glass.) I'm worried I've over carbonated at this point and was curious if that's what this sounds like, and ways to cure this? I have since removed all gas from the keg until I figure out what to do. Thanks for any advice!

Sounds like the keg OUT line is clogged. It happened to me once when I had some extra trub accumulate. Try taking the dispensing tube out. I doubt that you over carbonated or you would have had extreme foam.

At what PSI are you pushing into the keg to dispense the beer?

I tried everything from 5-6 psi up to 12 to dispense without luck. I'm going to clean the out line when I get back from the beach today and I'll post what happens.

More than likely it's the dip tube, not the line. If the line is clean you'll have to release the pressure in the keg, remove the liquid out post assembly, pull out the dip tube, clean it, sanitize it, and put it back together.

Had this happen to me just last week, pain in the butt.

thanks for the advice, it was indeed a stuck dip tube. I pulled it, cleaned, sanitized and put it all back together and the beer was flowing perfect. It was kind of a good lesson since I had yet to take a keg apart like that.

Back