bench capper or wing capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah. the reason i ask is i have noticed that some times the caps are ever so slightly loose and those bottles don't carb as easy. perhaps its just a case of not waiting long enough or an ever so slight difference in the diameter of the bottle mouth.

I'd spend a little bit more and get a capper if I were shopping for one. I have both and although I have not had a problem with my wing capper, the bench capper seems to make a better seal. The wing capper can potentially break some bottles, and requires that the bottle have a lip to grab. Bench cappers are not much more $.

I also have both and have found that for 12 oz bottles, they're about the same, but for bigger or differently shaped (champagne, 660 mL, etc.) the bench capper is a must. And there's something awesome about cracking a 1.5 L champagne bottle of homebrew when you have some friends around!

Bench capper For The WIN!

It's faster, easier to use, and seals just about every bottle out there. It can cap Champagne bottles. It can cap Belgian bottles. It can cap twist-off bottles. Folks will tell you that they can cap different types of bottles with their wing capper, but they certainly can't do it as fast nor as easily as I can with my bench capper.

Watch craigslist in your city for one, and pick it up on the cheap. I paid $15 for mine. It will last through the apocalypse in 2012!

Back