Bayou Classic SP-10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdrico7812

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Bayou Classic SP-10? I just got one for my birthday today, and the little bag that holds the parts to put it together was broken and parts were missing that are needed to put it together. The parts I'm missing are for the adjustable air intake where the hose from the tank connects to the burner. There are two screws missing that hold a plate in place and I also found a spring inside the box it came in but no screams to hold the plate in place. If you have one of these, could you take a picture of the air intake area where the hose connects to the burner for me so I can see what it looks like? I think I'm only missing the two screws that hold the adjustable plate in place, but I'm not sure. Also, could you possible take apart your connection assembly near the air intake so I can see if there are any other parts I'm missing? If I'm missing more than the two bolts holding the plate in place I'll call the company. If it's just the two little bolts, I can replace those myself. Thanks for your help!

There've been reports of quite a few people having the exact same problem you are reporting. Pretty sure they will know exactly what is going on and be happy to help you if you call them up.

Just found this thread. I just received my SP10 today and have the exact same problem. I got a baggy with a spring (?) and no screws to attach the air intake plate.

What did you end up doing cmdrico7812? Did you just buy screws to attach the plate, if so what size/kind?

Thanks!

Back