Apparently I was too way into Springsteen!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smarek82

Reaction score
Was brewing a Blonde Ale today and instead of doughing in with .2oz of gambrinus honey malt like I wanted to, I accidentaly added .25# honey malt.

Should I not listen to music while brewing?

Should I not be 4 beers deep before dough in?

For real though...will .25# honey malt make a blonde ale too sweet? Rest of my grain/hop bill looks like this... OG ended up being 1.053

7# Briess 2-row
1# Weyerman wheat
.25# Crystal 10L

Horizon (8.5%AA) 60 min
Santiam plug (7.0% AA) 30 min
Santiam plug (7.0% AA) 5 min

Thanks bro's,

SM

You should plan ahead (before or while drinking...:D) and write down what you're using and get it ready before you need it.

For instance, while the water is heating up or I'm mashing, I will recalculate the hop AA% needed for the recipe. Here's what I do:

I take a baby food jar and place it on the digital scale then tare weight it to 0. Then I add in the hops to the recalculated weight and place a 1/2" X 2" strip of paper in it with #1 on it. Then I take a second jar and measure out the hop second addition and place a strip with the #2 on it, etc.

Once the boil starts I remove the strip of paper and pour in the hops in the wort at the designated times. Once completed I pin the strips of paper back up on the cork board to reuse later. Same could be done for plastic strips with numbers on them. ;)

All too simple if you plan right. :ban:

As a born and raised Jerseyite I have to say you can't go wrong with Springsteen...the 70-80s stuff that is...:D

Latest posts

Back