Allergic to grilled cheese sandwiches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got grilled cheese this weekend too.

Grilled cheese is great but, I'd always rather stuff the Kanish.

I mean GC is like Tofu. It fills the body and gives it what it needs. But it's just not as satisfying and as hour long session of stuffing the Kanish.

Works as a good first course though.

Or as a snack between meals.

Or when drinking a shower beer. Life is good when drinking a shower beer and your wife ends up delivering a grilled cheese sandwich.

Edit: Shower Beer is NOT a clever euphemism. Try it sometime. Hot shower, cold beer. Glorious!

Works as a good first course though.

Or as a snack between meals.

Or when drinking a shower beer. Life is good when drinking a shower beer and your wife ends up delivering a grilled cheese sandwich.

That never happens anymore. We have one of those over head rain heads. She forgets to turn the water off and I forget that there is even water.

There's an amazing number of videos online about cooking grilled cheese sandwiches. Lots of different techniques. Sometimes more than one piece of cheese, depending on what sites you go to. Different types and colors of cheese.

People REALLY love their cooking videos.

There's an amazing number of videos online about cooking grilled cheese sandwiches. Lots of different techniques. Sometimes more than one piece of cheese, depending on what sites you go to. Different types and colors of cheese.

People REALLY love their cooking videos.

Yeah. But if you aren't careful you'll just come across a instuctional on how to pack fudge.

Wine really makes SWMBO appreciate making grilled cheese more often. So I said, what the hell, lets make a barrel of wine so that I can have grilled cheese any time I like.

In my mind it works, in practice, not so much.

I hit a deer once when enjoying a grilled cheese back in high school. She asked what was that, said "Pothole" and kept driving.

Just reminds me how much I hate bucket seats in modern cars. Bench seat GCS!

That sounds like it could have been painful on your part. That sandwich could have bitten back.

:mad:wow!!!wifey's grilled chese maker broke. no grilled cheese for 6-8 weeks. then not sure if grilled cheese maker will except texas toast.:(I guess i will have to suffer.

i feel terrible for guys who's wives won't make them grilled cheese. like seriously, guys that only get them on birthdays and anniversarys even, WOW. i couldn't imagine that. i probably get around 3 a week, and i've been married for 12 years. i actually know a guy who is in his 50's, and very "churchy", and his wife had never even heard of the concept. wow. poor dude had NEVER had a grilled cheese sandwich. i can't even imagine. i would probably seriously just get divorced.

i feel terrible for guys who's wives won't make them grilled cheese. like seriously, guys that only get them on birthdays and anniversarys even, WOW. i couldn't imagine that. i probably get around 3 a week, and i've been married for 12 years. i actually know a guy who is in his 50's, and very "churchy", and his wife had never even heard of the concept. wow. poor dude had NEVER had a grilled cheese sandwich. i can't even imagine. i would probably seriously just get divorced.

If a woman has never heard of the concept of Grilled Cheese then the man has never made her a Tuna taco.

makes me wonder if he has had any taco .... you need to cook once in a while also for SWMBO

If a woman has never heard of the concept of Grilled Cheese then the man has never made her a Tuna taco.

Maybe that was the original guy's problem, he didn't know how to make a fish taco and his woman was merely withholding the grilled cheese in retaliation.

I prefer to make my fish taco while the grilled cheese is being made :ban:

I wasn't a huge fan of making grilled cheese sandwiches when HWMO and I first got together, but that was mostly because I was an inexperienced cook. :eek: After I watched and read a few cooking tutorials*, I am confident and love making grilled cheese. :D

*I do not endorse giving your GCS-shy SWMBO cookbooks or videos, as it might result in her being insulted and never cooking again. :p

I wasn't a huge fan of making grilled cheese sandwiches when HWMO and I first got together, but that was mostly because I was an inexperienced cook. :eek: After I watched and read a few cooking tutorials*, I am confident and love making grilled cheese. :D

*I do not endorse giving your GCS-shy SWMBO cookbooks or videos, as it might result in her being insulted and never cooking again. :p
Send some of those tutorials to my wife. I'm past the point where I care if she's insulted. Need more grilled cheese. :eek:

Send some of those tutorials to my wife. I'm past the point where I care if she's insulted. Need more grilled cheese. :eek:

check out "how to tickle his pickle" it's a good one. i got it for my wife as a valentines day present around 5 years ago. she was a good cook, the book made her better. :)

I find more consistent makings of the fish taco does nothing for the delivery of grilled cheese sandwiches. In fact, even when she is serving tomato soup, there still aren't any grilled cheeses in sight.

Epic thread... and to think... I almost skipped over this thread, because I thought it was going to be about gluten allergies.

I would very much like to have more grilled cheese. I'd even be willing to make fish tacos, but that doesn't seem to have any influence in the making of grilled cheese. I too had an ex that would give me lots and lots of grilled cheese. Sometimes 2 or 3 in one day. I do miss that, but it is the only thing I miss about her.

Back