Great British Beer Festival 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh geez.....Last year Orfy did all manner of drukken posting that weekend...it was quite amusing actually.

Have fun, stay safe...and remember the rule of beer goggles...objects may appear thinner after the fith pint.

18.gif

Oh geez.....Last year Orfy did all manner of drukken posting that weekend...it was quite amusing actually.

Have fun, stay safe...and remember the rule of beer goggles...objects may appear thinner after the fith pint.

AH, but I'm not single. So that doesn't matter. I used to go to the Portland Beer Fest every summer for many, many years. But this looks like a different beast entirely.

My wife and I went on our honeymoon back in 2001. It was a fun time. We went to an early session I believe and it wasn't crowded at all and minimal lines.

My buddy and I are taking our dads. We'll be landing about 730 that first morning and staying through to Sunday. Hope to run into you.

My buddy and I are taking our dads. We'll be landing about 730 that first morning and staying through to Sunday. Hope to run into you.

I haven't booked yet, but hope to book early next week. We can meet up for a pint if you're up for it. Having never been, don't know where to meet up, but we could say to meet up at a specific place at the show. Maybe meet at a specific beer or something.

Yes! My wife and I will be in London coincidentally visiting friends (who are also English Bitter freaks) and we we be there early and strong.

BTW, if anyone can mention the best pubs to visit in London/Bristol? Here's the ones I know to go to:

- White Horse

- Wenlock Arms

- Bag 'O Nails (Bristol)

- Black Friars

- ?????

(Maybe a HBT meetup at a pub?)

- White Horse
(Maybe a HBT meetup at a pub?)

White Horse has a nice selection. Not my favorite place, though. I like the littler neighborhood places myself. I was up in the North a lot when I was there in the past in Highgate. Liked the Flask in Hampstead if I remember correctly and some other small local places. Not worth traveling across London for though.

I'm up for a meetup, but for me it'd have to be at (or near) the show. I will likely not wander far from there. Been to London 5 times already (though it's been a long time since I've been), so not wandering around this time. I'll likely spend 5 days inside that show drinking beer. We'll see.

BTW, if anyone finds themselves in Birmingham (in the UK), seek out the Wellington. GREAT and large selection of real ales. Lotsa stuff I never heard of everytime I've been there. You can talk to the barkeep and ask what to get and tell them what you're looking for rather than guessing. Nice place.

FYI, we booked out tickets through Virgin Vacations a month or two ago. We got round trip airfare and 7 nights hotel stay 2 minutes from the festival for $813 each. That's all the fees and junk included and the hotel is a 4 star.

Back