Beer Coasters for Home Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButterBar

Reaction score
I've finally been able to convince the wife to allow me to use our extra space in the house for a home bar setup. I've acuired all the furniture and equipment for it, but I am still looking for one last thing; beer coasters.

Does anyone know where I could find some cardboard coasters that they normally serve on restaurant bars? Specifically from American craft breweries.

Thanks.

I simply... erm.... borrow them from local bars.

I prefer "liberate" :D

Brewery-branded coasters are typically provided by the distributor (obviously doesn't apply to an on-premises brewpub) so if it's a distributed brand one shouldn't feel uncomfortable about asking for a handful at your local pub...

Cheers!

I made my own cloth ones. I'm also thinking about doing some wood ones.

I've finally been able to convince the wife to allow me to use our extra space in the house for a home bar setup. I've acuired all the furniture and equipment for it, but I am still looking for one last thing; beer coasters.

Does anyone know where I could find some cardboard coasters that they normally serve on restaurant bars? Specifically from American craft breweries.

Thanks.

PM me your address and I'll send you some extra ones I have from Duclaw in Maryland and one from Galaxy in New York (Binghamton) if you're interested.

Here's a pic of what I can send you.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1462406438.607235.jpg

Not sure if you have one around but Ocean State Job Lots is where I have bought sleeves of the bud, Miller, corona ect branded ones for pretty cheap.

If they sell them gotta be others out there somewhere.

If you choose to design your own my wife made me some out old beat up records. She got some records she knew I like out of the dollar bin and routed out the middle circle, clear coated them, and glued some cork to the back. They work great and they're homemade!

You could design your own. https://www.evermine.com/beer_coasters/ or check ebay

As per my last post, I placed an order with Evermine. Got a reply a short time later saying order was received and the next day got another email saying shipment should arrive on the 10th.

Pretty much spot on. I got home to find my order in the mail. Here's a pic.

Coasters%2001_zpsvoff7xev.jpg

They seem like your typical cardboard coaster, but with your design on it. I remember seeing this image as someone's avatar here and thought that would be good for a test run.

My order was about $30 shipped. I'm sure the more your order, the price per coaster would probably be cheaper. They do beer labels too and even do the collar labels. I would probably order from them again.

Thanks again Eric for the link.

Pick a design and I could laser engrave some... I have some polyester closed cell foam sheet that makes great coasters and they can be washed.

I'd be interested in this if that offer is valid. I have a logo another user is mocking up for me I could shoot you in a message if you're interested/willing. What is the color and thickness of the sheeting?

Right now I am down to red, royal blue, and a dark charcoal gray. Send me a pm with what you have in mind. I can engrave and cut the foam material. It is 2mm thick and cuts well. One of the products I make with the foam are gun cleaning mats

2013-03-26_20-54-47_487_zpsb1194f75.jpg

engraving it darkens the color and creates a recess in the mat material.

Back