Carboy stopper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilgrumbrews

Reaction score
I was in the process of sanitizing my equipment when I noticed that when my new Carboy stopper is pushed down into the carboy it slowly slides up then falls off. Am I missing something or did I relieve the wrong size "universal" stopper.

Let a bit more of the StarSan drip off the bung, or clean the carboy's bung-hole before inserting the bung into the hole... You can use a sanitized cloth/towel (wring it out well) to 'dry' the bung-hole of your carboy...

You could use TP for it's bung-hole, just make sure it's sanitized first. :D

I have to worry a bit more about sanitation, but I sanded the edges of a few bungs in a 'ring' shape, so that they grab a little better.

Gaffer's tape works too...

I was just happy that I got to write 'bung-hole' so many times... Not sure if anyone got the TP reference or not... I'm sure some of the older brewers around here got it, or it stirred up some memories that were better left alone. :eek: heheh heheh heheh

No wonder, he's from NATICK!!!!!! (I won't hold THAT against you, but sorry, I am a Nikon kinda guy!)

Bah, nikon... "I wave my private parts in your general direction"...

I do plan on negating my MAsshole status soon. With any luck, I'll be living, and working, in Maine before too long...

Funny thing about being a Canon man... I'm also a reformed mac user... I no longer drink that coolaid and am much happier (and have more funds too) because of it. :D

geez, i'm only 31 years old, but i'm one of the "older" brewers because i get the Cornholio reference.

Back