• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Brass Quick Connects 1/2" (McMaster)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneHotKarl

Reaction score
Looking to buy several sets of the McMaster Carr (or equivalent) 1/2" brass or stainless quick disconnects. I'm moving to pumps and will be needing these soon...switching over to stainless and want to get rid of your brass ones?? I'm located in Sacramento if you happen to be local. THnx.

me and my brewing partner use lead free garden hose fittings. ace hardware sells brass qds for an alright price. What mcmaster qds did you find?

I might be looking to unload my mcmaster brass setup as soon as I get all my camlocks installed. Then again, mcmaster's prices are so good on them, why not go that way?

And then I'd say, if you're willing to buy those, why not the proflowdynamics stainless camlocks. The price is so close.

Those look very nice. Unfortunately it looks like their out of stock. Any idea how often that happens?

sorry to hijack... but what exactly should i buy... i have silicone tubing... and 1/2 inch welded to my keggle... trying to set up a 3 tier.. until i have a single tier... never used it .. want to do all grain

It's hard to tell you exactly what you need. For a basic 3tier gravity drain, you'll have a short piece of hose from each bulkhead drain down into the next vessel. I don't know that you really need quick disconnects for that purpose. I'd probably start with a couple hose barbs on the valves. Once you get to the point where you have the single tier and need to pump from and to various places, the QD becomes handy.

Back