Brewing in NM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticdevildog

Reaction score
The last post I found in the NM section for brewers was a few years old. I figured I'd start a new one and see if anyone in the area is still active on the forums.

I live in Rio Rancho and will be brewing my second batch of beer this weekend with a friend of mine. I'm always up for learning new ways of doing things or even just shooting the breeze and swapping a few brews with other like minded individuals.

So let's have it....who all on the forums lives and brews in NM?

Yes it's an old post, but that seems to be how NM operates! :) It's good to see some NM brewers here.

Does anyone belong to any of the local brew clubs? I'm interested in meeting other brewers but not sure I want to get all crazy with the brew clubs and what not yet.

Yes it's an old post, but that seems to be how NM operates! :) It's good to see some NM brewers here.

Does anyone belong to any of the local brew clubs? I'm interested in meeting other brewers but not sure I want to get all crazy with the brew clubs and what not yet.

I have not. I am rather antisocial, especially when it comes to groups of complete strangers. A buddy of mine though that I unfortunately haven't talked to in a while used to speak highly of the Duke City Brewers club (I think that is their name).

I'm here in Los Lunas and am just getting started brewing now. Finally starting to get the time and resources to get it done.

Howdy to all my neighbors! If anyone is interested in getting together I'm all for a 'homebrewtalks meet up'. I'm very interested in meeting anyone that has a love of beer and brewing.

Hi neighbor! BTW - I make wine & grow hops too.

Are you here in the LL area too? Right now I'm starting off my adventure into this hobby with some Forum favorites. I have a carboy with Skeeter Pee and another with EdWort's Apfelwein. I'm trying to get more bottles and a good kettle to start a basic batch of beer for my next one but i'm still learning the process. Can't wait to start taste testing :tank:

Howdy to all my neighbors! If anyone is interested in getting together I'm all for a 'homebrewtalks meet up'. I'm very interested in meeting anyone that has a love of beer and brewing.

Hey, man. I'm in Corrales and just started, myself. I've got my first batch, an ESB, in primary right now. Definitely cool to see people in the area.

Have you been up to the Grain Hopper? They have some classes and get togethers

Sent from my XT1060 using Home Brew mobile app

I have been to the Grain Hopper. They are good people there. I try to do all my shopping with them if I can to help support a local business.

It is neat to see some people on the forums that are in the same geographical area. :) I like Corrales, it's one of the only areas that looks green around here. :)

Hey, man. I'm in Corrales and just started, myself. I've got my first batch, an ESB, in primary right now. Definitely cool to see people in the area.

Have you been up to the Grain Hopper? They have some classes and get togethers

Hey, another Correlano!! :rockin:

Where are you? I'm off of Camino Arco Iris, west of Loma Larga.

Just kegged an ESB. Actually an Imperial ESB. Grain bill was 14+ lbs.

Spend way too much money at the Grain Hopper. Good guys there.

Scott

Hey Scott. I'm a little father down loma larga, off of Carey rd. Yeah I did my first biab with this esb. Sampled it the other day before dry hopping, and its getting pretty ready for bottles.
We ought to get together for our next brew day, neighbor! PM me

Brian

In Rio Rancho -- up the west slope between Corrales and Bernalillo. Been brewing about 15 years, off and on. I do mostly British ales and the occasional Kolsch. Mostly do standard stuff...although I'm enjoying my Rye Amber right now.

Are any of you guys members of local brewclubs? Maybe we could get a Corrales/RR/ westside brew day organized?

I am not a member of any local brewclubs but would be more than interested in meeting / brewing with fellow brewers.

I regularly attended Dukes of Ale meetings until I took a year-long break from brewing. Learned a ton from the meetings and they're a fun group.

I'd certainly be up for a Corrales/RR beer tasting/BS/brew session.

Sent from my MB865 using Home Brew mobile app

After ten days of primary, 5 days of "cold crash" in my 45 degree garage, a week of dry hopping (in the primary) and two weeks in bottles, my first batch, a BIAB ESB, is drinkable! Had two bottles yesterday, and really was pleased with the results. I'm not sure if I'm tasting some faint oxidation flavors, but there definitely aren't any prominent off flavors that I can tell. I'd like to offer a few bottles to someone local to give me tasting notes and advice on how to improve future batches. Any one of you Corraleños want some free beer? :D

After ten days of primary, 5 days of "cold crash" in my 45 degree garage, a week of dry hopping (in the primary) and two weeks in bottles, my first batch, a BIAB ESB, is drinkable! Had two bottles yesterday, and really was pleased with the results. I'm not sure if I'm tasting some faint oxidation flavors, but there definitely aren't any prominent off flavors that I can tell. I'd like to offer a few bottles to someone local to give me tasting notes and advice on how to improve future batches. Any one of you Corraleños want some free beer? :D

Hey, I'd like to try your ESB but I can't isolate and identify off flavors that well. A guy who works at the The Grain Hopper - forgot his name - is a certified beer judge and is willing to give feedback on homebrews. He's tried a couple of my beers.

I'll probably have a brew day next weekend. Thinking Saturday AM or Sunday early afternoon. Lemme know if you want to come over and brew.

Scott

Hey, Scott, I'd love to brew next weekend. I've got my ESB drinking, and an apricot wheat that I'll be bottling next week, but I can always get something else going! I've been wanting to try a saison, so I'll probably be doing something like that.

Send me a PM with your address or number and let me know saturday or sunday. I'll bring over a few bottles of my ESB.

Thanks for the tip on the Grain Hopper. I'll take a bottle up there for feedback.

Hi neighbor! BTW - I make wine & grow hops too.

Fantastic buzzny! I'm kickin around the idea of growing my own hops. I'm down here in Las Cruces and I'm curious to know which type of hop will survive the hot and dry climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Are you here in the LL area too? Right now I'm starting off my adventure into this hobby with some Forum favorites. I have a carboy with Skeeter Pee and another with EdWort's Apfelwein. I'm trying to get more bottles and a good kettle to start a basic batch of beer for my next one but i'm still learning the process. Can't wait to start taste testing :tank:

Hey just found this subforum. I'm in Los Lunas also, west of the freeway. Me and a buddy brew just about once a week. We are probably closing in on 5-6 barrels since last summer.

NM brew boys here south of Gallup...anyone interested in going in together on a group buy for 20 to 30 bags of grain?

Nmbrewboyz

All this time on the boards and I just noticed we have our own sub-forum...

I am in Belen (just south of Los Lunas for those who may not know).

have been brewing since 1999ish, started with a Mr. Beer kit a friend bought me and graduated up to All Grain...lately due to space and time constraints, I mostly modify extracts and do partial mashes inside on the weekends.

Once I can get my backyard in order, I plan on building a brew shed to move back to AG.

Latest posts

Back