DC Metro area group buy #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebrewer

Invented the IPL
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Price lists have been sent out to all via PM. If you need the list, PM me.

Please use this thread for your orders. When we reach 40 or some even multiple of a pallet, I will close this thread, send in the order, arrange the pickup, and open the next thread.

I'd appreciate payment up front, but still need to setup my PayPal account. I will post when you can send payment. More details to come on that later.

Bear with me as we work the kinks out of this process. :mug:

I'm definitely in for a few bags (probably split with another homebrewer). Will discuss with him first. More likely at the basemalt buy.

Do you want people calling out their orders in the thread like the mothership MD/DC group buy post?

Do you want people calling out their orders in the thread like the mothership MD/DC group buy post?

Yes, this is the place to add in your orders. So for instance if you want 2 bags of Rahr Pale and a bag of Weyerman Pilsner, a simple post like this would do:

2 RAHR - PA
1 WM - Pils

Keep it simple and concise. Use Stefin's thread for comments and questions as that one will keep going but this one will end once we hit enough bags to make a run. We'll see how that works and tweak if needed.

Sounds like we're going from both lists, so I'll kick off:

1 - Crisp Maris Otter
2 - Rahr 2-Row Brewers Malt

Interested if anyone wants to split (1/2, 1/3, 1/4, whatever) of C60, C80 or anything else. (Assuming stonebrewer is cool with that of course!)

1 Rahr 2-row pale

If you work a deal for DME: 1 Briess Bavarian Wheat DME

I'll split a bag of light Munich if anyone's up for it.

Stonebrewer, thanks for starting this new bulk buy thread. Let's see where it leads us.
At least for now, put me on for:

2x Rahr 2-row Brewers Malt
1x Rahr 2-row Pale Malt
1x Rahr Red Wheat

So Derek got back to me on the sales tax question for VA. He said to add 5% to the prices on that list for taxes. I will update the sheet with the tax next chance I get so we know what the out of door cost is. Ballpark is it adds around 2 bucks to a bag of grain...

I'm in for:
1x Rahr 2-row Pale Malt
1x Briess Carapils
2x Briess Flaked Barley
1x Briess Flaked Wheat

I'm looking to split 1/2 on:
1x Briess 10L Crystal
1x Briess 60L Crystal
1x Briess Roasted Barley

I want at least half but if a couple folks want 1/4 that's cool too!

I'm in for:
1x Rahr 2-row Pale Malt
1x Briess Carapils
2x Briess Flaked Barley
1x Briess Flaked Wheat

I'm looking to split 1/2 on:
1x Briess 10L Crystal
1x Briess 60L Crystal
1x Briess Roasted Barley

I want at least half but if a couple folks want 1/4 that's cool too!

we can do the split in arlington. Ill go 1/4 on 10l and 60l if thats cool.

Okay, so hillbrewer, IslandLizard and robfar are doing a 3-way on a bag of light munich. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Right now we are down for

2x Rahr 2-row Pale
1x Crisp Marris Otter (might change this before the order goes in, but 3 bags total won't change)

I really thought this buy would fill up faster after the last one went south. Where is everyone? Spring has arrived, time to stock up and brew before that long hot summer gets here.

Most orders have been for products on list#2, 26 bags as far as I can tell. Hopefully stonebrewer keeps a running tab.

Where is everyone?
i'm all stocked up on grain at the moment. all my buckets are full and i have enough for a good 10 batches, probably.

on the other hand, this recent scare is weighing heavily on my mind and the desire to hoard is something fierce.

decisions, decisions. for now i'm being logical and/or an optimist, and am telling myself that i'll be able to order in few months when i do need to re-up my supplies. i'll be kicking myself if i can't.

I am keeping a running tab and am a little suprised that more people are not stocking up just in case. Oh well, we will get to 40 soon enough and the grain will flow again. If NCM does come out with something, I don't think it will be much better than what they are doing now. Their decision making and timing seems flawed to me. Why stop doing something that is popular and risk alienating your customer base without rolling out the new thing at the same time or at least announcing what you plan to do. Hope I am wrong. If push comes to shove and this doesn't pan out, we can look at GW Kent as an alternative, or just pay $10 bucks a sack more for 2 row, more for specialties...

As we are over 50% of the way there and no one has ordered anything on the AHB list, I am only going to take orders for this buy on Jay's list. If you want something that is NOT on Jay's list, let me know and I will get a price from him. Right now, the only request I have had was for DME so I will get pricing for that. He has a website, so check it out and if there is something on there that you want to add to the order, let me know and I will get a price. His website pdf is here: http://www.jayshomebrewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Grains.pdf

Stonebrewer

I thought we were up to 82 bags on the last order that never happened. That's seems to be a lot demand that vanished.

So if we are going only from the Jay's list, does that mean no crystal malt splits are possible? Still interested in those.

Ran out of of grain, brewing today so got me an (expensive!) sack to hold me over. Sorry to change my order Tony but please switch me from 3 sacks of 2-row to 2.

That is:

2 X rahr 2 row
1 X crisp MO

Thanks!

Steve

climateboy & res291que: I will check on Crystal prices and get back to you.

stevedasleeve: no problem, when you gotta brew, you gotta brew bro!

We are at 33 as of this morning...

I need some crystal 60L was hoping to split a bag with someone. If we can't do crystal malts for awhile please let me know so I can pick up a few pounds to hold me over. Also still wondering about the questions asked in the original MD/DC grain thread.
Need 1 x Rahr 2 row brewers malt
1x Rahr white wheat

Back