May 1st Big Brew Event at Iron Hill Brewery, Maple Shade, NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vincemash

Reaction score
Hey All

For all brewers in the Phila / NJ area (or beyond that if you feel like driving), our new homebrew club ...the Barley Legal Homebrewers are having a Big Brew event on May 1st in the back parking lot at the Iron Hill Brewery in [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=iron+hill+maple+shade&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.641855,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=iron+hill&hnear=Maple+Shade+Township&z=15&iwloc=A&cid=4975513879623607882"]Maple Shade, NJ[/ame]. Lots of donations are already showing up from the local breweries, we are site #559

We have yeast donated from Flying Fish and Iron Hill so the following strains will be available for free at the event:

Chico
Westmalle
British
La Chouffe
Ringwood
Czechvar

More info HERE about the event

Check out our facebook event page for more info.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:

You don't have to brew to attend. You can just observe and ask questions!

You must provide the ingredients for your brew (other than water) We will have many strains of common yeast available for your use as stated above, but you are welcome to bring your own.

You must provide a carboy/bucket w/airlock to transport your brew home.

All brewers can bring samples of their own homebrew and/or unique commercial brews to share. It's a great opportunity to get some feedback on your homebrews.

Recipes: You may choose to brew your favorite beer style, or you can share in the National Big Brew 2010 theme, select one of the three selected styles from the AHA website.

And it goes without saying but please remember that this is an educational event. Please share your brew, passion, and good humor with those around you.

hope to see you there

Salute
Vince

Please feel free to come, whether you are an experienced brewer or simply want to enjoy some good craft beer. Maybe you have been itching to get into home brewing for a while now. Join us and learn how, talk to other brewers, check out the equipment systems and just have fun!

Hope to see everyone there. Cheers!

Evan

Well hey...I work right by there.

I may have to stop in and have a look see.

Didn't realize there were this many home brewers in the tally-whacker end of NJ

I didn't realize that this was the tally-whacker end of NJ....:confused:

But, I'll be there, now all I have to do is decide what to brew. Let's see Westmalle or Ringwood or go lager with Chechvar. Good problem to have ! :ban:

Cheers,
Glenn

I'm ready. I think I'll kick out ten gallons of Imperial Stout. I think we might need an "emergency" meeting the Tuesday before brew day to prep.

Well North Jersey and Philly smells like arse and south jersey does kind of look like a willy...so yeah I guess it would have to be.

Maple Shade / Mt Laurel is more the taint though...

The last person I heard use the term tally-whacker was Beulah Balbricker!

BeulahBalbricker.gif

FYI for those who plan on brewing

The day officially starts at 8 AM. Please plan to arrive no earlier as nothing will be roped off for us yet.

We meet the first Tuesday of the month at Iron Hill in Maple Shade at 7:00 pm. You will find us gathering in the bar before hand. Note that we are not meeting this week (5/4). We met last week to plan for big brew. So next meeting is 6/1.

Latest posts

Back