Using conicals-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
What great advantage to do they provide?

When kegging the output say a 10gl into 2 cornys can you run a split line and fill 2 at the same time?

MikeFlynn74 said:
When kegging the output say a 10gl into 2 cornys can you run a split line and fill 2 at the same time?

You could but that just means extra stuff to clean and sanitize just to save 5 minutes

The advantages IMHO are:

1) You can remove the trub from the wort by briefly opening the valve on the bottom of the connical, rather than racking the wort off the trub into a secondary.

2) The whole process can take place in one connical rather than having to move around heavy carboys.

3) There is less chance of contamination, since the whole proccess will take place in one fermenter rather than racking into a second.

4) They look cool, and you can draw off samples without opening them.

5) They are generaly used for bigger batches, hence why #2 is important.

They look really cool in the middle of the family room, some how the wife dont see it my way. Like Jesse17 said and one more is that I can harvest yeast for my next batch so easily. I have the baby S.S. Conical at 7.1 gallons and her name is conny.

Back