recarbonate flat beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwilke

Reaction score
Is it possible to recarbonate my bottles of home brew? I added the priming sugar as a powder and it stuck to the bottom of the bucket when I was bottling. I only noticed this after I finished bottling and figured enough sugar made it into the bottles...but sadly the beer is still almost completely flat after a month. I tried adding some dry sugar to a bottle but it turned into a geyser. Any ideas?

Cooper's Carb drops. Since they are a lump, you don't get as much foam when you add them.

david_42 said:
Cooper's Carb drops. Since they are a lump, you don't get as much foam when you add them.

Yeah...works as long as all your bottles are 12oz'ers. However, if, like me, you have lots of different-sized bottles, Munton's carb tabs work better, as they're smaller and you can adjust the level of carbonation and also adjust for bottle size.

To the OP: In the future, boil your dextrose in a pint of water for 10 or 15 minutes, then cool and add that solution to the bottling bucket. Then stir gently to mix in the sugar, being careful to avoid splashing or sloshing.

Evan! said:
To the OP: In the future, boil your dextrose in a pint of water for 10 or 15 minutes, then cool and add that solution to the bottling bucket. Then stir gently to mix in the sugar, being careful to avoid splashing or sloshing.

Better yet, add the boiled and cooled priming solution to the bucket and rack the beer on top of it. No stirring necessary. The Beer will mix with it as it's filling the bucket.

Back