sweet mulberry wine too sweet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krausen89

Reaction score
So I brewed a mulberry wine from a recipe but I never filtered out the pulp. I was supposed to top up with water to one gallon but I ended up with more then one gallon. I had a couple cups more then a gallon that I did top up with water and it turned out great. My question now is can I add water at this point (after ferm) or should I add water and use more yeast to ferment it more? I used red star baking yeast. Which yo my knowledge does not have a very high alcohol tolerance. Any ideas?

So I brewed a mulberry wine from a recipe but I never filtered out the pulp. I was supposed to top up with water to one gallon but I ended up with more then one gallon. I had a couple cups more then a gallon that I did top up with water and it turned out great. My question now is can I add water at this point (after ferm) or should I add water and use more yeast to ferment it more? I used red star baking yeast. Which yo my knowledge does not have a very high alcohol tolerance. Any ideas?

If it needs some water added to it to taste like you want it to, adding water is fine.

Back