star san

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbulger

Reaction score
I am out of sanitizer so im planning on buying some star san which seems to be the sanitizer of choice here. I had a thing of c-brite and and it only lasted me through sanitizing two brews (fermenters to bottles) so i like the idea of saving the star san solution. They have the 32 ounce bottle at northernbrewer.com for 12 bucks which is about 14 dollars cheaper thatn my lhbs. Is this the best deal out there? i have been searching for a while and it seems thats the cheapest (its less with shipping than most anywhere else.) is this the best sanitizer to go with for a brewer witha budget (32 uses plus what can be saved)?

You can reuse the stuff several times, too. When you are done sanitizing your primary, just pour it into a clean carboy and you're good to go. Then your carboy is already sanitized for the secondary. Repeat as necessary.

Back