stuck fermentation...want to bottle, do not want bottle bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss429

Reaction score
Stuck ferment wlp051

OG= 1.065

FG=1.02

Atten= 69.23%

If I cold crash and bottle will the sugar that was not fermented from thoes 2 points ferment. I'm making an IPA

I found sources on how to calculate priming sugar but what do i do about that unfermented sugar what if it ferments and BOOM!

will it ferment and have to compensate for it, or disregard.

also what temp if I want to avoid bottle bombs in this situation should my bottle be?

I wouldn't call this a stuck fermentation. 70% is nominal. If it's been at the FG for more than 4 days, it's safe to bottle.

If you cold crash you will also be crashing the yeast out of solution and there will be less suspended yeast. With that, the extra sugars that may be present will ferment out that much slower.

I agree with david_42. Take a gravity reading in a couple of days (not unless that has past already since posting) and go from there.

cold crashing will lead to carbing taking a long time. you are in essence making a bunch of the yeast you want to eat your priming sugar get left behind in your fermenter.

k but what about dry hop? will i have alot hop particles in my beer if i dont cold crash?

doing it in a primary btw.

I was thinking like cold crash 1 day..

i ended up rousing the yeast with a paddle and it it went down to 1.015 or 1.014 in like 1.5 days. Im happy i did it because I'd rather take the risk than having bottles blowing up in my garage. Thanks to all

Back