A week dedicated to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philrose

Reaction score
I've got a weeks vacation time a work to use or forfeit. Not the worst problem I guess :)

That being said, I need a small checklist. This week will be dedicated to beer and the production of beer. Tomorrow starts with..

1. Brew five gallons of mild and five gallons of cream ale.

2. Find craigslist fridge to finally have proper fermentation control.

3. Recieve and fill the four kegs acquired from kegconnections presale.

4. Drill keggle and install fitting.

5. Donate a keg to local charity's fundraiser & drink up to support aids clinics in Africa.

6. Brew first two lagers (woohoo!)

So yeah. That's my week. Sounds like a full job on it's own, huh?

Am I missing anything that a week off dedicated to homebrew needs to include?

I hate "Use-it or Lose-it" vacation programs but it looks as though you're spending it right.
Would there be any breweries in your area you haven't had time to visit?
A growler a day from each sounds like an important part of a well balaced breakfast :D

I was in the same situation with my employer last week. I chose to use my time off to fill all of my remaining fermenters with IPA's. I would also second corvax13's suggestion of drinking some homebrew.

I am in a "use it or lose it" situation also, but since they're moving us to Detroit it's an adverse action so I can keep all my vacation time until I retire...which is in 86 days!! :rockin:
I have over 800 hours to sell back...:ban:...

I've got a weeks vacation time a work to use or forfeit. Not the worst problem I guess :)

That being said, I need a small checklist. This week will be dedicated to beer and the production of beer. Tomorrow starts with..

1. Brew five gallons of mild and five gallons of cream ale.
1.b Drink Homebrew

2. Find craigslist fridge to finally have proper fermentation control.

3. Recieve and fill the four kegs acquired from kegconnections presale.

4. Drill keggle and install fitting.

5. Donate a keg to local charity's fundraiser & drink up to support aids clinics in Africa.

6. Brew first two lagers (woohoo!)
6.b Drink Homebrew

So yeah. That's my week. Sounds like a full job on it's own, huh?

Am I missing anything that a week off dedicated to homebrew needs to include?

Fixed ;) (10 char minimum)

I hate "Use-it or Lose-it" vacation programs but it looks as though you're spending it right.
Would there be any breweries in your area you haven't had time to visit?
A growler a day from each sounds like an important part of a well balaced breakfast :D

oh yeah. There's two beers, snoqualmie, baron, schooner exact, maritime pacific, big al's, hales ales, the pike, georgetown and of course naked city taphouse.

just to name a few. any/all could stand a visit this week :rockin:

Primary "Franklin"- Evil Twin
Primary "Clifford"- Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Secondary "Curt"- tripel

Is there a story behind why it appears as though your fermenters have names?

Yeah, I have 11.5 days at Christmas this year.

Gonna brew some hefe, maybe brew a cherry wheat, work on my electric HLT, work on my portable kegerator (unless I finish it before then), maybe start on a brewstand, shoot deer and drink homebrew.

Though, I have to hide from SWMBO to do all that.

;)

i named a few beers when I first started , kinda quit that. Franklin was a Pale ale and Clifford was a big red ale. When I was a newb I posted the names of the beers and now the names have transferred to the carboys I guess.

Yeah, I have 11.5 days at Christmas this year.

Gonna brew some hefe, maybe brew a cherry wheat, work on my electric HLT, work on my portable kegerator (unless I finish it before then), maybe start on a brewstand, shoot deer and drink homebrew.

Though, I have to hide from SWMBO to do all that.

;)

know how you feel, if the girlfriend had time off this week I'd be going crazy

all right, 5 gallons of beer is in the books. Two five gallon kegs filled, one 5 gallon batch bottled, total breakdown and cleaning of all equipment done.

Good day- so far. Still have ingredients for mild sitting in the closet. Might have to make a midnight batch true to my brewery's name...

only casualty of the day was this morning when I was brewing.

My probe thermometer plonked into the hot wort. But hey, that thing was a piece of crap.

I am in a "use it or lose it" situation also, but since they're moving us to Detroit it's an adverse action so I can keep all my vacation time until I retire...which is in 86 days!! :rockin:
I have over 800 hours to sell back...:ban:...

whoa, thats ten paychecks worth of vacation time!

that definitely deserves a :ban:

Back