Airlock Doesn't Bubble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
So I made a 5 gallon pale ale extract recipe. I followed the tried and tested recipe to the tee. I was obsessive with my sanitation. I put it into my pale ale pail (as I like to call it) snapped on my airlock and waited....

and waited...

and waited...

I was patient. No bubbles ever came out of the airlock. Not one. And I am a confessed airlock watcher. Even sniffed the airlock and didn't get a whiff. Finally after about 2 weeks I popped off the lid, and lo and behold, fermentation happened. Gravity is where I want it, it had the left over krausen ring and everything.

I am posting this for all the newbies out there that are worried because their beer is not bubbling like they see on YouTube. Maybe it fermented slow, maybe I didn't get a perfect seal around my $2.00 airlock, maybe it only fermented when I was at work... (O.K. probably not that) But it still fermented, and in a few more weeks it is going to be a great beer.

RDWHAHB!!!

My airlock hasn't bubbled even once, but I have made many batches of beer with it. Lately, I think I just put it on there out of tradition. :D

Back