Help running two co2 lines in a sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
Ok I finally broke down and purchased my kegs. This is what I got,
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=7739. Now my problem is this. I am going this week and pick up the sanyo 4912 and need to know how to run two co2 lines into the sanyo 4912. I know I could run one thrue the drain hole. How can I get both lines in? Is there a place where I can safely drill?

Any help is very thankful. I am hopping to get it all set this weekend.

1) Keep your CO2 tank inside the 4912
2) Keep the tank outside the 4912, run the line through the drain hole, and split it inside.

EDIT: just noticed you have a double reg, so #2 would be tougher to do :eek:

I prefer my tank on the outside...course it's a 20#'r.

Sanyo1.jpg

Sanyo3.jpg

Sanyo4.jpg

I prefer my tank on the outside...course it's a 20#'r.

View attachment 5409

View attachment 5410

View attachment 5411

Perfect!!!!!!!! One more question, Does the length of co2 line make any difference? My keg set up anly comes with two 4' sections (one for each regulator) I am not sure if that will be long enough? I plan on keeping the co2 tank beside the refrigerator. Can I get co2 line at homedepot or lowes?

Also what size hole did you drill?

Perfect!!!!!!!! One more question, Does the length of co2 line make any difference? My keg set up anly comes with two 4' sections (one for each regulator) I am not sure if that will be long enough? I plan on keeping the co2 tank beside the refrigerator. Can I get co2 line at homedepot or lowes?

Also what size hole did you drill?

Four feet will be too short.

I have nearly three feet inside the fridge alone. You need that much to be able to connect/disconnect to the corny outside the fridge, and then move the corny inside.

I know that Lowe's (et al) carry high pressure air hose. I'm not sure it's suitable for CO2 beverage applications because (I've heard) it has a pretty strong rubber smell to it.

CO2 line at a LHBS or on line at Beveragefactory.com is only like 70 cents a foot.

To give your kegs and CO2 tank flexibility in movement, I'd think you need more like 7 feet of line for each keg.

Well I want to say thank you for all the tips and pictures. I am going a diffrent route now. I am picking up a chest freezer this weekend:ban::ban:

It's only 7.2 cubic foot but it leaves me room to install taps later and maybe a third corny with the right collar build.

Thanks again!!!

How bout next time deciding what you're (for sure) going to do and save us the effort... ;)

Sure thing. On a side note can't be sure if you don't ask questions.Your replies helped me be sure of what I wanted. I will be sure and not ask a question to waste any ones time and effort.

:)
Pretty sure he was kidding. Good luck, and let us know how your chest freezer turns out!

It's all good!! I sometimes have a bad habbit of over reading lol. I will be sure to let ya know how every thing turns out for sure!!

Cool pictures. I purchased the freezer last night and pick it up today. It was a 7.0 cub. foot. It measered 28" high from the floor and 18" high off the hump. (compresser). These were taking from the inside. I beleave I should be able to store my kegs (2) maybe three (later) and my 5# co2 tank (daul reg) with out having to add a collar. I plan on using the picnic taps for a while. then I will add a collar and taps later.

I think I will do the same ... start with a few kegs and picnic taps, then move on up to the collar and all the rest... plenty of time to improve... and I sure won't miss those bottles...

...I plan on using the picnic taps for a while. then I will add a collar and taps later.
That’s what I did with both the Sanyo and the chest freezer.

Trust me…cold beer out of a picnic tap is unbelievable good.

The collar is pretty easy to build and once you get a couple kegs in there…you’ll want to get more and having he CO2 outside will let you do that.

Thanks for the thread and the pictures! I am currently setting up a 4912 and was wondering how to handle the CO2 lines. I think I will run the manifold like BierMuncher as it turned out beautifully! I will also be running a Radioshack computer fan cooling pipe up inside the tap tower to eliminate the warm 1st pours and will post some pictures.

I have a 4912, but I keep the tank in the fridge. it's pretty tight. I like this idea and might do it in the future.

Back