12/14: PHX Area- Have a beer with BATF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We haven't had an Phoenix area gathering, so let's kick it off with someting small:

Have a beer or two with the Phoenix Area BATF or
Beer Acronym To Follow

http://www.papagobrewing.com/
Friday 12/14 after work at Papago Brewing
6PM ish

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=papago+brewing&sll=37.230328,-94.130859&sspn=47.405088,70.576172&ie=UTF8&ll=33.476234,-111.926394&spn=0.024592,0.034461&z=15&iwloc=A&om=1"]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=papago+brewing&sll=37.230328,-94.130859&sspn=47.405088,70.576172&ie=UTF8&ll=33.476234,-111.926394&spn=0.024592,0.034461&z=15&iwloc=A&om=1[/ame]

What do you think?
I think the location is perfect.
Catchy acronym or slogan to suggest?
Different date?

We need one of these between here and there for drinkin events.

tgv2.jpg

Friday I have to rest up for Saturday. Work holiday party and then down to a big old party in the warehouse district downtown (taxi). Last time I went I left my wallet in the cab and did a header on my front porch.

I live and Brew within walking distance of Papago.... I will check back on the time, as I get out of work at 3:30 but may have a prior commitment in the evening.

BATF - Brewers of Arizona Technique Fellowship?

I definitely would like to make it, but I probably won't be able to get down there until 7 or 8pm. My wife doesn't drive and I have to pick her up from work at 6:30pm. And with traffic I'd imagine it will take me an hour to get there from Cave Creek.

If you think you'll all be there still, I'm definitely in.

Bump.
0406papago_cov-autosized258.jpg

1 Redstone Meadery Boulder, CO Black Raspberry Mead
2 Wyders Port Moody, Canada Peach Cider
3 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Bierplezier Belgian Black Cherry
4 Van Honsebrouck Ingelmunster, Belgium St. Louis Framboise Raspberry Lambic
5 Bridgeport Portland, OR Ebenezer English Strong Ale
6 Lost Coast Eureka, CA Great White Belgian Witbier
7 New Belgium Ft. Collins, CO Abbey Abbey Dubbel
8 Thunder Canyon Tuscon, AZ Ornament Ale Spiced Ale (DesertBrew's Hangout)
9 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Ryan’s Red Amber Ale
10 Oskar Blues Lyons, CO Dale’s Pale Ale
11 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ El Robusto Baltic Porter
12 Rogue Newport, OR Hazelnut Brown Ale Brown Ale
13 New Belgium Ft. Collins, CO La Folie Flemish Sour
14 New Belgium Ft. Collins, CO Mothership Organic Witbier
15 Rodenbach Roeselare, Belgium Rodenbach Flemish Sour Ale
16 New Belgium Ft. Collins, CO Trippel Abbey Tripel
17 Stone San Marcos, CA IPA India Pale Ale
18 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Orange Blossom Mandarin Hefeweizen
19 Lost Coast Eureka, CA Chocolate Porter Porter
20 New Belgium Ft. Collins, CO Fat Tire American Amber
21 Dogfish Head Milton, DE Festina Peche Berliner Weisse
22 Kiuchi Brewery Ibaraki, Japan Hitachino White Witbier
23 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Hopfather Double India Pale Ale
24 North Coast Ft. Bragg, CA Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
25 Steamworks Durango, CO Backside Stout Sweet Stout
26 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Hop Dog India Pale Ale
27 New Belgium Ft. Collins, CO Le Terroir Sour Brown
28 Wells & Young’s Bedfordshire, England Oatmeal Stout Stout
29 Carlsberg UK Leeds, England Tetley’s Bitter
30 Guinness Dublin, Ireland Guinness Dry Stout

Plus free WiFi.

That's a great list.

Festina Peche, La Folie, Rodenbach AND Le Terrior! Can we say PUCKER FEST? :rockin:

If only my wife had her damned license. I guess she's just going to have to drink all of them for me so I can try a sip from each.

Brewtopia said:
That's a great list.

Festina Peche, La Folie, Rodenbach AND Le Terrior! Can we say PUCKER FEST? :rockin:

They had a brewers' dinner with New Belgium on Monday that my father and I attended. The first three beers were Ryan's (similar to Festina), La Follie, and Le Terrior. Yeah, if you were not a sour beer drinker you definitely got some experience :)

I'm pissed I'm at work instead of there. Hope you folks have a good time. Let me know how the turnout was. I'll make the next one :mug:

AzAdrian said:
I'm pissed I'm at work instead of there. Hope you folks have a good time. Let me know how the turnout was. I'll make the next one :mug:

It's just critical we get one under our belts. Just to get started. You can pick the date for the next one.

olllllo - Yes
Iordz - ?
wild - Yes
coyotlgw - Mebbe
trabus - Later

I forgot my camera this morning. If someone can remember to bring one, that'd be great.

We'll hopefully be there shortly after 7 now, we're leaving directly from her workplace (in North Scottsdale).

I have to set up for a tournament at 7:30. I may try to head over afterwards, but I don't know how late it would be

wild & SWMBO, trabus & SWMBO, and coyotlgw dropped by. We did pretty good considering we didn't know what anyone looked like. (wild and I had met once before)

On a good news/ bad news front, the sours were almost all gone already. It goes to show that there is demand for it. I had a few Terroirs.

Let's do it again and maybe plan on figuring out a brewout.

I'm going to retrieve my car now. It's a 16 mile jog which coincidently is the distance I need to do for my long run today. Loaded a few Jamil shows on the mp3.

Had a great time olllllo, thank you for putting this together!

We will have to see how many we can get next time :)

Back