Bit the bullet on a thermapen today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
My other thermometer is on the fritz, im having some FG inconsistencies im looking to isolate, and I do a lot of cooking..

At least thats how I justified spending 86 bucks on a thermometer..or thermocouple rather...

I'm pumped. Cant wait til this thing is off my statement so I can really enjoy it.

I've been on the fence for the past couple of months on getting one. Perhaps if I read a post later this month about how your efficiency jumped by five points I'll pull the trigger too! ;)

Ha...Im not worried about efficiency. I concerned with concistency of mash temps. My ability to hit them is only as good as the number on my thermometer.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/

Sign up for their email list and get 10% off and free shipping. Best deal out there unless thermapen runs a sale, which is relatively infrequent.

Bought one several months ago for use in slow and low cooking on a Big Green Egg.

For my uses, they are worth every penny because of their nearly instant accuracy.

Now that I have joined the home brew community, the Thermapen takes on additional importance.

If you want to read the temperature of a material that you can poke a point into, and read that temperature quickly and with accuracy, the Thermapen is worth a good, hard, look at.

I love my thermapen. Had it for about 2 years. Priceless for brewing and cooking. You will be pleased.

Bought mine a few months ago. Like you I kinda agonized over the cost but now that I have it, I love it. It's highly accurate, easy to use and indispensable in the brewing process. You won't regret purchasing the Thermapen!!!

Latest posts

Back