Can it be salvaged?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkslinger82

Reaction score
I accidentally left two carboys with an Irish Red and German Dunkel in my closet over the summer. It got pretty hot (90+) in there over the summer and when I tasted it and checked the FG...the FG was where it should be (1.012), but it had that really hot...sweet taste to it. Is there anything I can do to salvage these beers or should I just dump em? I do not think they will be drinkable even when carbed and cooled. Thanks!
Chris

that is very hot for fermentation...your fg could be off because the temp couldve killed the yeast...as long as the airlocks didnt go dry, i would go ahead and bottle it and not even think about touching it for a few months and give it a try....never dump a batch

After 3 months on the trub I'd be concerned about the yeast not being active. You might consider getting a pack of dry yeast and throwing a couple grains into each bottle to kickstart the carbonation process.

Back