50 Gallon Lambic Mash V2, new barrel holder, pizza, bread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChugachBrewing

Reaction score
Oops I did it again.

This Lambic is entitled "LambChop" since we sort of chopped down the mash for a lambic. Did a step mash to higher temps, then sparged hot. Still was a long day. Also made bread and pizza for dinner.

Best part? Moved a full barrel across the room by lifting and pushing. Then made a barrel stand and got them up there (not full), and then filled one of them (other has temporary solution KSo4 in it)

IMG_5436 (Copy).jpg

IMG_5438 (Copy).jpg

IMG_5441 (Copy).jpg

IMG_5442 (Copy).jpg

2013-06-24 22.30.51.jpg

We are moving to Alaska in 2 years. Hopefully don't need to move anytime soon. Otherwise, huge party or bathtime.

Thanks Levi. Xmas lights are cheap way to light the basement.

I love it! One reason why I can't wait for a house with a useable basement (dang old house). My lambic is on a mini scale 5gallon oak now.

Nail taste #1.
20 days in. Tastes like Lemonade, big time. I could pull this right now, keg it and it'd be gone by the afternoon. Sweet AND tart!

So far so good. Been tasting every month or so. Not as strong as my authentic lambic, but good nonetheless. Will probably be a great summer beer... maybe next?

A question on your barrels, were you able to source those locally? I found a source for whiskey barrels up there in maine and may head up in a month or 2 just for storage until I can use them.

Yes, sourced locally. I bought the wine ones from a vineyard and sourced the whiskey ones here and there.

Back