Ferment longer, or leave in bottles longer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey102000

Reaction score
Last weekend (Saturday) I brewed up a couple batches, one IPA, and a Heffeweizen, both are fermenting at the moment. I should have started brewing a while back for a party I have coming up on October 13th, but procrastinated. Basically my beer will have 3 total weeks from starting fermentation, to being drunk.

Is this feesable? Should I leave in the fermenter a week, then bottle......or should I go 2 weeks in fermenter and a week in bottle. Or should I just buy a bunch of beer for the party and let my homebrew do it's thing for the proper amount of time?

With the Hefe, just bottle next Tuesday, ten days is about all they need for the most part. For the IPA, I'd say you might need to bring that one to the next get-together. Not sure you're going to have as good of a product if you bottle it too early.

I don't know if either is feesable but it's feasible the hefeweizen will be done in time. The IPA might be ok if you pitched properly and don't dry hop for too long.

The hefe will if you bottle it as soon as the fermentation is steady, as cooper said likely around Tuesday. The carbonation wont be perfect, but it will be drinkable.

The IPA, just leave it in the primary because it wont be ready regardless.

As said above;;; The Hefe should be ready.... The IPA is iffy.... it may be drinkable but it will get better ...

The hefe is iffy,the IPA,def NOT! Keep an eye on when a stable FG is reached on the hefe. you might get lucky with bottling time on that one.

Back