Drank the hops flavor out while dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk025

Reaction score
:confused: ok so, I just brewed my first IPA and it turned out great. Fermented for 3 weeks and then in to the keg. I put an ounce of centennial and an ounce of cascade to dry hop in the keg in a bag. The hop flavor was awesome and I just couldnt help but drinking it before the whole 2 week dry hop nonsense was done. So i got home from work tonight to have a beer and the nice hoppy aroma and taste has disappeared (as well as the beer went from cloudy to clear). Did i drink all the good hoppy aroma out of it some how? I'm thinking of just putting some more hops in since i have the extra ones in the fridge. Thanks

the aroma and taste fade in time... but not overnight. maybe your taste buds have been de-hoppitized. maybe the clearing of the beer has something to do with it.

yeah, i threw some more hops in and moved the keg around a bit and the taste seemed to instantly improve. It's only been kegged for almost a week, but I don't plan on drinking it until at least this weekend

I have heard if you dry hop while the beer has lots of yeast in suspension, the hop oils will attach to the yeast and settle on the bottom when it clears. It sounds like this is what you are experiencing. I'm far from an expert though so take that for what it is worth...

Back