confused: purchased beersmith lite for iphone then

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffi

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
upgraded to full. Nothing working on my iphone 6. very disappointing. Crashes every time I use it, especially when you try to edit or go back and forth from one screen to another. Looked on my ipad and only the lite version shows up. Man, this is frustrating. Wish I could get my 8 bucks back, cuz its worthless. (I do have the desktop version on a PC laptop and it works OK...) Am I just not doing something right?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7122507&postcount=2

Yes. Nearly everyone.

Apple sent developer kits for 9.0 & 9.1, which BeerSmith was ready for. When 9.0.1 came out, it wasn't part of either developer package and undid a lot of the maneuverability and fixes that Brad was ready for.

He's indicated that he's sent fixes to Apple for review, which takes 4 to 8 days, typically. An update should be out within that time frame.

Here is a report and Brad's response:
http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,13793.0/topicseen.html

Actually, the convenience of having cloud search, saving recipes to your device, editing them from your device (no matter where you are, e.g. while waiting for something, or at the LHBS), and finally, running timers from your ipad or iphone is very nice. For me, it's better than having a laptop to deal with on my back porch which is where I brew...

Does the mobile version do everything the full version can? If you get the full version it should come with a mobile app. Not sure if it does...

I'm a beginner brewer and not expert in using the software, but I think there is quite a bit more detailed level of creating recipes in the desktop version. No, you don't get the mobile version bundled with the desktop version unfortunately, but I do believe it's worth it.

How do you like beer smith mobile? I considered buying it

Love being able to go to my lhbs and pull up a recipe on my phone.
Then i use it on my iPad while brewing. I use a ram mount to hold the ipad so it is up and out of the way while brewing.

image.jpg

Back