Metallic finish in odell brewing beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose123

Reaction score
I live in fort collins and i have been drinking odells beer for about 5 years. In the past year or so it has developed a noticeable metallic finish on most beers anybody notice this and what could be the cause.

I have a similar issue. ALL Smuttynose beers taste like pennies to me. All of them, no matter what recipe, where they're brewed, if they're cask conditioned... doesn't matter. They all taste like pennies. SWMBO tastes it too, one of my other friends can taste it but he says it's not so bad. For me, I can barely taste the actual flavors of the beer. It sucks, cuz Smuttynose is so tasty (so I hear). I even emailed a brewer and he said he hasn't heard of the issue before.

I'm thinking I pick up on some mineral quality that the average person doesn't or something. Maybe it's a similar situation for you?

interesting! most of my buddy's but not all have pick up on it as well! could it have to do with the hops

Latest posts

Back