What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got myself a decent little haul today. I was at the Lhbs which is about halfway to a nice shop about an hour from me, so I figured what the hell. Made the jaunt down there and was pleasantly surprised to find they had some Gandhi-bot stashed in the back.

Really nice session IPA. Didn't even know Two Roads had one until I saw it in the not so local package store today. The hop aroma is really good and it's not too light on the body. It's everything I hope the one I brewed yesterday will turn out to be.

1402251010817.jpg

1402251027044.jpg

Got myself a decent little haul today. I was at the Lhbs which is about halfway to a nice shop about an hour from me, so I figured what the hell. Made the jaunt down there and was pleasantly surprised to find they had some Gandhi-bot stashed in the back.

Really nice session IPA. Didn't even know Two Roads had one until I saw it in the not so local package store today. The hop aroma is really good and it's not too light on the body. It's everything I hope the one I brewed yesterday will turn out to be.

I'm gonna chode punch you. 3 reasons: 1) I can't get those here B) you can buy beer on Sundays. I could drive to Sewer Falls, SD to get Sunday beer, but flocc Sewer Falls.

Just finished watering the garden, putting some stuff in compost bin, spraying around garden and yard to kill off weeds, poison ivy and other crap, tidying up the kitchen, starting the dishwasher. Cooling off with a homemade ginger bug citrus soda. Lipsmackin' and refreshing!

Later...drop daughter at friend's BDay party and going to Whole Foods for supplies for a brother in-law's BDay cookout. Maybe I'll find an interesting bottle while I'm there!

DSC04952.jpg

I'm gonna chode punch you. 3 reasons: 1) I can't get those here B) you can buy beer on Sundays. I could drive to Sewer Falls, SD to get Sunday beer, but flocc Sewer Falls.

That's only 2 reasons there, Billy. ;-) Also, how the hell does SD sell beer on Sundays but MN doesn't? Your state is screwed up. But your state also has Surly and Lakefront, so it's not that bad.

nuke, I said almost the same thing you said about the Two Roads session. Great aroma and doesn't taste like a sessiony (made that up) beer. It's solid.

Cheers.

I need to get you some of the new beers from the newest brewery in town. No IPAs or anything like that. Lots of sours. They opened yesterday and the beer nerds were out in full force documenting every smell and sip of beer. ****ing annoying bastards.

Having the One-hitter quitter. 7 ounces of Limeade with 5 ounces of coconut rum.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402255142.095355.jpg

Decided to pour banesong's ESB while watching the smoker and relaxing on the back porch.

Jealous. I told myself I'd smoke a few racks of ribs today and I was too tired after coming back from the lake. Next weekend, that's my first priority. Post some pics when they're done so I can salivate.

Call me crazy but lately I'm looking at brewing and smoking things as more of a burden than anything. I'm considering just buying my drinks and ordering food from restaurants.

Am I losing it or just going through a phase? Is there a way to "take some time off?" or is this a path of no return?

It hasn't been on oak that long? A week?

Few days. My RIS was in it for 4 days and the oak was powerful. This is only the second beer I've dumped in here. Next is an IPA (for a mild oak) and it's turning into my sour barrel.

Call me crazy but lately I'm looking at brewing and smoking things as more of a burden than anything. I'm considering just buying my drinks and ordering food from restaurants.

Am I losing it or just going through a phase? Is there a way to "take some time off?" or is this a path of no return?

You're done. I'll take your equipment, smoker, and any beers. :D

Got rained out of the park. It's either nap time or beer time...

That's only 2 reasons there, Billy. ;-) Also, how the hell does SD sell beer on Sundays but MN doesn't? Your state is screwed up. But your state also has Surly and Lakefront, so it's not that bad.

math is for suckers, yo. yeah, you take the good, you take the bad and there you have the facts of life.

Few days. My RIS was in it for 4 days and the oak was powerful. This is only the second beer I've dumped in here. Next is an IPA (for a mild oak) and it's turning into my sour barrel.

Fresh oak or chared?
Guess at first it up front then it will fade. My quad been in for a month and took a sample last night and it was awesome. I don't know if I should let it go longer or bottle/ keg now. (it's 15 gals :D)

Fresh oak or chared?
Guess at first it up front then it will fade. My quad been in for a month and took a sample last night and it was awesome. I don't know if I should let it go longer or bottle/ keg now. (it's 15 gals :D)

Charred (medium toast). ****'s powerful, though.

Back