Ventmatic (or any) faucet cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
How I've been cleaning my Ventmatic taps in the past has been basically remove them from the kegerator; unscrew the top handle assembly and run hot water through them. I've only had them for 8 months or so and I have one that has started to drip. Maybe a drip every 5 seconds. Is there a more aggressive cleaning I should be doing (further pulling apart components?)

Doesn't look like you can easily pull it further apart and I'd hate to wreck it. Could any seals get old already? No instructions anywhere on proper cleaning of taps that I could find. I tightened the top part rather hard and it seems to have stopped for now but I wouldn't think more than 5-10 ft lbs pressure would not be advised.

I take mine completely apart to clean them. If you are getting a drip then you should run a pipe cleaner through it to make sure there is nothing on the sealing surface and also, take the oring off (the one that makes the seal for dispensing) and clean it up. I put a small bit of o-ring lube on all my o-rings as well.

I took it apart further. Shook out the middle square/cylinder thing. Didn't know it came out :eek:. Cleaned and lubed and believe it's happy!

thanks much guys.

Back