Victory Brewing and Headaches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vav

Reaction score
So a few months ago, i tried the HopDevil. I liked it a lot, but found it slightly astringent. I had 2, and ended up with the most massive, pulsing headache.

Last month, i tried the Golden Monkey, which was a fantastic golden ale in the Belgian style. I had 1, and ended up with a massive, pulsing headache.

Yesterday, to celebrate the brewing of my first self made recipe (a big IPA) and to treat some of my friends for coming over to help me with the brew, i brought home the HopWallop. During the course of the day, i had 4. Didnt get drunk at all, and had my last beer at around 8 pm. When i went to bed at 1 am, i had the most massive, pulsing headache ever.

In conclusion, wtf?

jezter6 said:
I've loved Victory for years with no ill effects. Maybe you're allergic to coal water?

What a plausible idea...hmm.

Well... Hop Devil is ~7%, Hop Whallop is 8.5%, and Golden Monkey is ~9.5%...

Maybe you just can't handle "big" beers like the rest of us. ;)

On a serious note, I've been drinking Victory for years with no specific ill effects that I can recall...

RoaringBrewer said:
Well... Hop Devil is ~7%, Hop Whallop is 8.5%, and Golden Monkey is ~9.5%...

Maybe you just can't handle "big" beers like the rest of us. ;)

On a serious note, I've been drinking Victory for years with no specific ill effects that I can recall...

Oh that isnt it, trust me :)

edit: And yeah, that's the common reaction. "Huh? Those are great beers, never had a problem."

i dont get it.

You sure your pain isnt located in your crotchal region. You know where your ****** would be.....

Just kidding- I totally had too

So a few months ago, i tried the HopDevil. I liked it a lot, but found it slightly astringent. I had 2, and ended up with the most massive, pulsing headache.

Last month, i tried the Golden Monkey, which was a fantastic golden ale in the Belgian style. I had 1, and ended up with a massive, pulsing headache.

Yesterday, to celebrate the brewing of my first self made recipe (a big IPA) and to treat some of my friends for coming over to help me with the brew, i brought home the HopWallop. During the course of the day, i had 4. Didnt get drunk at all, and had my last beer at around 8 pm. When i went to bed at 1 am, i had the most massive, pulsing headache ever.

In conclusion, wtf?
if i have 1-3 golden monkey on a occasion i’m fine . HOWEVER, if i drink then with diner or after work on consecutive days i get headaches . i have one right now . so u r not alone . also , i never get headaches so i know for sure it’s from the beer

Back