Where In The World Is....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not Carmine Santiego.. I'm in Toppinish, WA. so, what's the big deal? The hop museum. Going tomorrow. Passed thru the town of Simcoe on the way up but didn't see ANY hop fields. By this time next week, we'll be heading thru hop country east of here. But, right now... Chilling' with a couple of home brews.

Forgot to mention... Stopped at Deschutes last night after dinner. I had the Obsidian Stout on nitro. Chocolate and expresso were awesome.. This is going to be a good trip. Next week will stop at a couple in Boise

I'm back home.. but, had a ball. Went to Boise after leaving Washington. There are some older and good breweries.. but, a number of new craft breweries starting up. A good sign. I spent some time at Sockeye and even had a few minutes with the brewer. They are building a whole new brewery.. the current one is really packed and squashed into a small area. Next year, I'll have to check out the new building. Also re-visited Table Rock brewing.. had a few good ones there and finally spent a couple of afternoons at Payette Brewery. Got a tour and went out to have some nice brew. One nice thing there is they sell 'half pints'. I really like that idea. I think it was 10 oz for $2 and 20 oz for $4. Wow.. I tried a number of the 10's and had some great conversation with some nice folks. Most of the breweries in Boise use "mostly" local hops but do get some from WA state hop farms.

Fond memories.. till next year.

Back