Leinenkugel sunset wheat clone extract kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odh2507

Reaction score
This kit came with specialty grains(coriander seed) and pellet hops. They are not in a meshbag. The only thing in the meshbag was the white malt. It says to dump specialty grains and pellet hops at certain times of the boil which makes sense. But no bag just straight dumb into the pot and let them sit in fermenter as well? Until i would rack to secondary?? Thanks for advice

Dont know the kit, but do know the beer, and dig it as a light cheap drink, but would assume that the coriander and spices would only add so much, and are typically added post primary fermentation so that the aromatics aren't blown off. You don't necessarily need to rack to a secondary fermenter, but I'd say just add the spices straight to your carboy/bucket after most of you airlock activity has ceased (roughly 1 week after pitching).

Orange and raspberry? I havent had it in a long time but i thought sunset was a blueberry wheat.

Nope. Its def orange didnt know about the raspberry though...we will see how it turns out. Great beer for the summer, layin in the pool

Back