Pliny the Younger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volstag

Reaction score
I feel so lucky to live in Santa Rosa. I just drove on by Russian River, and saw that the line that has been present for the last week was gone, so I stopped in.

$4.50 later I had a nice 10oz pour of the legendary Pliny the Younger in my hand. The first whiff gave my a strong hoppy aroma. The extensive dry hopping showed a strong presence here.

On the first taste I was surprised to note that it wasn't "melt your face off" bitter. The huge additions to hops certainly made themselves known, but not to the point that I didn't want to take my second sip.

The body was relatively light, which was a bit surprising considering it is a 10% abv beer. I'm not sure if balanced is the right word, but the hops definitely were appropriate. The beer was very drinkable (for a hophead).

Overall I think that PTY was a very good IIIPA. Not mindblowing, but I will make an effort to have another pint before it goes away for another long year.

What does everyone else think?

What does everyone else think?

The best beer EVER!! Was in Santa Rosa Monday on buisness. It should actually be available in my area hopefullt tomorrow but only a couple bars over here will have it im sure. Beautiful balance of malt and hops, the board at Russian River is abv 10.25%. What a wonderful burnt orange color and floral/citrusy aroma. IT is everything it is built up to be and more. Just heaven.:rockin:

I was just there on Saturday. We took the trip from Reno. I thought it was hands down the best IPA I've had. The hops were spot on and the 10% wasn't super hot. I'm glad I had a chance to try it.

Back