Drinking a Homebrew waiting for the UPS guy to show up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
I ordered a couple kits from Austin Homebrew Supply, and I am impatiently waiting for the UPS guy to show up, I have the pot on the stove water boiling...lol I doubt I will get my kit today, but who knows.

I didn't think I had any drinkable homebrew left to drink, but when I was in the basement getting my brewing supplies out from under the old brewing bench, I found 3 cases. I am not even sure what is in them. Last time I brewed was a year ago.

I brewed a stout, which this definitely isn't, I did find a few bottles of that. And I brewed a cream ale and just a regular coopers canadian blonde.

I think this is my Cream Ale because there is a little something extra besides the coopers kit. The beer is definitely drinkable, but almost has a Wine flavour to it. It has been aging since May of 2008. This beer wasn't drinkable after 3 months, which is why I hid it away I guess.

At least I have something else to drink besides that 24 pack of Coors Light someone bought me for my birthday.

Lots of people say Patience is so important for home brewing. It's true, but I think it has more to do with waiting for UPS and FedEx to arrive than waiting for beer to be good ;).

And you need to stop hanging out with whoever thinks a 24 pack for Coors is a birthday present.

I was going to say, anybody who would give a homebrewer Coors must not know him well.

I too am waiting for a UPS Christmas in September today. Wort chiller, caps, etc.

I'm hoping UPS comes today also. Have lots of ingredients coming.

I remember waiting for Strat-o-Matic cards to show up with the same excitement. LOL

I ordered the Austin Homebrew Supply Hoegaarden clone and the pumpkin ale.

UPS is only trackable until it reaches Lachine, Quebec, which is like 1300 kilometers from here, it was there 6 days ago....I bought dry yeast because I knew this would happen, and I didn't think the liquid stuff would have survived the trip here.

I hope it will get here this afternoon, since I have the afternoon free, and I am working nights all weekend. Living in the middle of nowhere sucks.

Where is it afternoon already? not that a prenoon beer is a bad thing... just wondering.
Also, I guess the huge benefit of me working at home is that I am always home for UPS.

It is 12:30 in the atlantic time zone where I am. But when I was drinking my beer it might have been 11:30 or possibly even 10:30 when I had the first one...lol

What is this rule about 12 o'clock anyway? Who made up that crappy rule. I found a homebrew and I was excited!

its just more of a guideline... not a rule...
Also, do you work? not that being at home=not working. since i'm at home and i'm working

Yeah I work at a mine, working a weird 12 hour shift rotation.

Off - yesterday and today
Nightshift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Off - Monday, Tuesday
Dayshift - Wednesday, Thursday
Off - Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Nightshift - Monday, Tuesday
Off - Wednesday, Thursday
Dayshift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Off - Monday, Tuesday
Nightshift - Wednesday, Thursday
Off - Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Dayshift - Monday, Tuesday

Repeat...lol

It is a good shift, but night shift sucks, and the job is very dirty.

You're drinking three cases of homebrew and have a suitcase of Coors as a backup while you wait? You must live further out than I do or mining must be thirsty work.

Having spread five yards of loess sand last week, I'd think the latter.

Still no UPS guy....dammit. Oh wait, maybe the hot UPS girl will come today. Here they don't have to wear the brown uniforms, so she always wears super tight jeans and belly tops...If she delivers my homebrew it will be like I am dreaming.

Finished my brew at 6:30 then had to run to the garage to finish putting the Camaro back together. Pretty good day overall, thought it was gonna be a waste of a day earlier, then the UPS guy showed up and cheered me up enough that it turn out to be quite productive.

The wife isn't very happy since I "forgot" to mop the floor, but I did finish putting her car back together, and had it fired up. Maybe tomorrow I can get it safetied and licensed for the road for her.

Good idea taking her car apart as a way to make her behave!

No UPS for me today. ordered Friday - sent Friday. I like how UPS can be on time, miss a day and then be on time AGAIN for the next day.

Lately, I seem to be anxiously waiting for the UPS guy everyday...day before yesterday I got my new 50' IC, today I'll be waiting for my ingredients for two brews and some random stuff from AHS, and than tomorrow I'm supposed to get my 15gal Megapot! ...treating myself a little bit lately!!

Latest posts

Back