Oxygen Tank and Regulator, Clearance:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WenValley

Reaction score
I was at the local Lowes Store today to purchase an Oxygen tank to aerate wort. They had the little red tanks for about eight bucks, and then I noticed that they had a kit that contains one oxygen tank, one mapp gas tank, a regulator for the oxygen tank, and a regulator for the mapp gas tank. The tanks feed each into a handheld torch gizzie (technical talk). The kit was priced at $18.99. Pretty good deal if you're thinking of using o2 for boosting your wort.

I hooked up the O2 tank (which is left hand thread) and then slid a 1/4" vinyl hose over the torch gizzie, dropped a small aeration stone from Petco into todays brew, and let the oxygen run for about a minute or so. I had to use a rubber band on the end of a racking cane to get the air stone to the bottom.

I took a photo, but I'm not sure it will post.... here goes...

showphoto.php

Oxygen Clearance - HomeBrewTalk Gallery

damnit I just put in an order for the materials to get me going on DO minus the tank and regulator.

I was so torn whether or not to go with the disposible tanks and cheapy regulator and that is really cheap.

Back