Why so many twist offs....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rinse my bottles after drinking from them and then store them in plastic milk crates which hold about 24 bottles perfectly. I also put labels on my bottles so when I'm ready to bottle I soak them in a bucket of hot water for about an hour and then peel the labels off. My dishwasher has a sanitize cycle on it so after the labels are peeled, I put the bottles in the dishwasher to sanitize. Then I just place my bottling bucket on the counter above my dishwasher and bottle straight from the dishwasher. The door for the dishwasher then catches any drippings from my bottling wand... :mug:

This is the exact same process I've used since my very first brew. Works like a charm...once the bottles are cleaned! I am always amazed at the "science projects" I find growing in the bottom of beer bottles people give me. If the gunk in there is really fierce...that bottle goes into the recycling bin!

glenn514:mug::mug:

People have told me that the bottles you buy are super brittle anyway. I mean come on, you're paying almost as much as if they were filled with beer, too! Plus, it's fun to try to guess which brand your bottle originally was.

People have told me that the bottles you buy are super brittle anyway. I mean come on, you're paying almost as much as if they were filled with beer, too! Plus, it's fun to try to guess which brand your bottle originally was.

No kidding!

Really, the only bottles I can tell what they were of the beers I drink are New Belgium bottles and Sam Adams bottles...

This is the exact same process I've used since my very first brew. Works like a charm...once the bottles are cleaned! I am always amazed at the "science projects" I find growing in the bottom of beer bottles people give me. If the gunk in there is really fierce...that bottle goes into the recycling bin!

glenn514:mug::mug:

That it does!

why so many twist offs? Because 95% of people at bars drink **** beer. :D

Yea there is a guy I work with that only drinks good craft beer. I told him if he bring me bottles ill supply him with some delicious homemade brew.

I've been on vacation the last fees days and we have been knocking back long board and fat tire. Up to 36 bottles now.

I go with any variety of Sam Adams, once done with the beer just rinse the bottle out. They sit there on the counter next to the sink until I get enough to put in an oxyclean free bath overnight to get the label off then bam, bottle ready to go

Latest posts

Back