multi keg one tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fshnne1

Reaction score
I have seen bofore a keg setup one ran into the other then out the tap total of ten gallons off one tap, what is the process to do this?

gas in line
beer out to gas in
beer out to tap

Why? I don't see why it couldn't work but I don't get the point either. Am I missing something? It only takes a couple of seconds to swap a keg if you were to run out. seems like there would be a lot of splashing from the short gas in line on keg 2. wouldn't this end up in excess foam?

reason why? I sometimes do 10 gallon batches and have a keg set up with two taps, it would be nice to be able to have both kegs under pressure all the time and feeding one of the taps, other reason is a make a recipe that is two different beers that I mix right now, I pour a glass half full then off tap 2 full the rest of the way.

Another way to consider would be a couple of tees - one in the gas line to both kegs, and one in the beer line from both kegs. You would be drawing equally from both kegs, and wouldn't have the beer from one keg splashing into the next. Probably would make problems if one ran dry first, though. Just a thought.

I've never tried anything like that but I would imagine that it would not blend consistantly and like jester mentioned you would have issues if one blew before the other. I am intrigued though. I think I would go:

CO2>>two way manifold (so you can shut just one off if you want to)>>one line to each keg>>tee splitter>>faucet.

this ??should?? give you a fairly even blend of both beers in each glass and alow you to shut one off if it blows early. To make it better it would be cool to have another manifold (two in one out) instead of the tee splitter but I'm not sure if you can push beer through a manifold or not. I still don't know if it would work but I'd love to hear about it if you try!

Back when, when cornies were the state of the art for soda, they used to do the exact same thing, especially for large get-togethers. Line up 3 or 4 cornies full of the same product, and run connector hoses fron the gas-in, to the soda-out connectors. At one end of the line, a Co2 bottle, pushing the whole rig, and a spigot (usually a jockey-box) at the other end. Wouldn't run out, until the last corny ran dry.

The only thing it would save you, is you wouldn't have to switch out the cornies, until you ran the last one dry. As for mixing beer, I don't think it would mix properly.

steve

So you want 10 gallons of beer hooked up to one faucet, and you never want one to run out, right?

If you daisy changed the kegs, and replaced the gas in tube on the keg thats connected to the faucet w/ a beer in tube... it would work. Just hook up gas to keg1. Run a jumper from the beer out on keg1, in the gas in port of keg2. That gas in port is actually connected to a long beer tube so the beer flows to the bottom of the keg2 and doesn't foam. Than all you need to do is connect keg2 beer out to your faucet and voila, you have 10 gallons of beer daisy chained!

If you jumper the beer from the beer out of keg1, in the gas in on keg2...through a shortie gas tube...you'll end up with splashed beer - probably foam.

I think you need bigger kegs!

or you need to find a beer wench that can swap kegs, clean spills and get more nuts all while looking great! ;)

You could certainly do this, but you would have to carbonate both kegs first. Otherwise you would have 5 gallons of basically flat beer followed by carbonated.

I've used a cornie full of CO2 to dispense a keg at a club meeting. That was before I got the second CO2 rig.

sirsloop said:
If you daisy changed the kegs, and replaced the gas in tube on the keg thats connected to the faucet w/ a beer in tube... it would work. Just hook up gas to keg1. Run a jumper from the beer out on keg1, in the gas in port of keg2. That gas in port is actually connected to a long beer tube so the beer flows to the bottom of the keg2 and doesn't foam.

I had considered that, but wondered what would happen when the second keg ran out and started pumping co2 into the first keg from the bottom of the dip tube.

david_42 said:
You could certainly do this, but you would have to carbonate both kegs first. Otherwise you would have 5 gallons of basically flat beer followed by carbonated.

I've used a cornie full of CO2 to dispense a keg at a club meeting. That was before I got the second CO2 rig.
David_42, you never fail to amaze me. How many PSI did you have squeezed into that gas-keg when you set off for the meeting?

I'm assuming you had rigged a gas line with two gas disconnects?

Genious.....

Back